Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my buddy has a 05 6.0 cc short box, with just under 100,000 went to put gauges in tonight and found head gaskets seeping, going to take it in this week to get them warrantied... We know that we are going to get head studs but we were discussing what else to do well it is apart????? (injectors) He is going to order a sct flash soon too. The goal is to beat a 01 5.9 cummins with a edge, stage 4 injectors, quick spool cam, hx-40 turbo and the other basics. Hit me with all of your ideas guys i think we can talk him into alot of things.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
fuel kit .

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Hey man, It sounds like you are going to have the studs in hand when you go to the dealer to get the head gaskets checked. If you do you can ask the tech to replace the bolts with the studs when he is changing the head gaskets. Make sure you get this done before 100k. After that you are right on track, Did I miss what exhaust you have?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry ya the exhaust is a brand new 4" system

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Alright my buddy has a 05 6.0 cc short box, with just under 100,000 went to put gauges in tonight and found head gaskets seeping, going to take it in this week to get them warrantied... We know that we are going to get head studs but we were discussing what else to do well it is apart????? (injectors) He is going to order a sct flash soon too. The goal is to beat a 01 5.9 cummins with a edge, stage 4 injectors, quick spool cam, hx-40 turbo and the other basics. Hit me with all of your ideas guys i think we can talk him into alot of things.

Thanks
I think with a hot tune you can achieve your goal. So I would say you got it. But make sure you do those studs before your tune.
That's my:twocents:
What do you think the 5.9 is running?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was dynoed last week and 499rwhp and 996trq, 1/4 mile we are not sure of it is a six speed with a dual disc clutch so the street racing is kinda going away for more sled pulling

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Delete EGR

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Sounds like some steep comp. Good luck man. There are some guy's here pushing those number's. I am sure they will chime in soon and provide input.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i think you need a stick an turbo swap to stomp that. then if you really want to beat him, throw some nitrous on there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts