Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 27' 9k trailer.08'f-250 5.4 that is a dog on hills along with crappy mpg.need a diesel (i think) please help.
Mike

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
First, :welcome1:
Second, what years, what truck setup, what is the most you'll pull, how religious and willing are you do to do maintenance?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, :welcome1:
Second, what years, what truck setup, what is the most you'll pull, how religious and willing are you do to do maintenance?
Years? Set up?The trailer is 9500 lb.my f-250 has tow package never gets hot great truck but is such a dog going up a serios hill.2500hd chevy duramax is kicking my *** on tow mpg and street mpg.
been in the automotive after market for 40+ years so i know about taking care of your stuff.just say'n

·
Registered
883 Posts
maybe look into a F350 diesel, i have a 89 with a 94 7.3 in it and it tows fine, also have a 04 6.0 (both 350) and it tows fine also

now power wise obviously the 6.0 has more, but the 7.3 is more reliable, depends what your looking for

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Years as in what years do you want?
Set up: crew cab, long bed?
The reason I ask about maintenance is because the new diesels aren't anything from the past forty years. You're looking at least $75 for an oil/filter change. Fuel filters at least that much. Expensive trans fluid. Not cheap at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe look into a F350 diesel, i have a 89 with a 94 7.3 in it and it tows fine, also have a 04 6.0 (both 350) and it tows fine also

now power wise obviously the 6.0 has more, but the 7.3 is more reliable, depends what your looking for
yes from what i have heard the 7.3 is a great motor.was hoping for something in the 08'09' range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Years as in what years do you want?
Set up: crew cab, long bed?
The reason I ask about maintenance is because the new diesels aren't anything from the past forty years. You're looking at least $75 for an oil/filter change. Fuel filters at least that much. Expensive trans fluid. Not cheap at all.
sorry bout that.08'09' around there.my 5.4 takes syn.oil.about $6 to $7 a quart(7 qts)again new at this.what is the interval on oil changes?would like an ex.cab short bed heard bad stuff about the 6.0 any problems?
Thanks
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts