Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal:
check engine light came on after long ride on the highway back in January, added some coolant, light goes off

light comes on again in the middle of February after a long ride and then loading the truck with a light load of firewood. the light went off a couple days later.

on tuesday the light comes on after a long ride with an 18' empty trailer. I loaded a cord of firewood up and as ?I'm pulling out with the load, the light comes on. I end up taking it to the dealer last night after a couple of stalling episodes when I would try to reverse into a parking spot.

Got the call just now and they say I need a new DPF. :doh:

So I won't get the truck back until next week. The truck only has 43800 miles on it and only 4k are mine. What a joke. That's our government for you, looking out for our best interest.

At least when I yank the DPF off this summer it won't be too hard being that its a new one!!! :rofl:

I can't wait to lose that crap under there!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have heard of more than one instance of these trucks eating dpfs like candy when an aftermarket intake is installed. I know one guy in my area that had 3 dpfs changed out, and on the 4th one the dealer stuck him because they figured out that it was his AFe intake. I think there is a Ford bulletin about this (I have seen it on the forum).

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have heard of more than one instance of these trucks eating dpfs like candy when an aftermarket intake is installed. I know one guy in my area that had 3 dpfs changed out, and on the 4th one the dealer stuck him because they figured out that it was his AFe intake. I think there is a Ford bulletin about this (I have seen it on the forum).
I would like to see how they pulled that one off. Unless the intake is causing more fuel to flow and clog up the DPF or causing it to cycle more often due to increased fuel I don't see how its happening.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here is the bulletin i found on another post:

Diagnostic codes or Diesel Particulate Filter damage from aftermarket equipment:
Trucks that have EGR valve codes P0401 or P0402, or DPF codes P2002 or P244A, or have a damaged DPF or catalytic converter--may exhibit soot in tailpipe or white or black smoke; should be checked for aftermarket air induction systems (may cause MAF sensor and/or EGR valve concerns), exhaust systems that have eliminated the DPF and/or cat converter, and/or performance "chips". Problems caused by aftermarket products are not covered by Ford warranty. Broadcast Message 7341.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here is the bulletin i found on another post:

Diagnostic codes or Diesel Particulate Filter damage from aftermarket equipment:
Trucks that have EGR valve codes P0401 or P0402, or DPF codes P2002 or P244A, or have a damaged DPF or catalytic converter--may exhibit soot in tailpipe or white or black smoke; should be checked for aftermarket air induction systems (may cause MAF sensor and/or EGR valve concerns), exhaust systems that have eliminated the DPF and/or cat converter, and/or performance "chips". Problems caused by aftermarket products are not covered by Ford warranty. Broadcast Message 7341.
So they can only deny warranty on MAF sensor and EGR if you have an intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts