1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,723 Posts
They look better lifted, but doesn't everything?

I was going through the options and pricing on the Chevy/GMC website and i'm very disappointed. They're charging the same price as everyone else but the interior is still the same with the little screen and outdated dashcluster, not even a panoramic sunroof option. Just to get a sliding rear window you need a specific package which bumps the price to over $73K. Payload/towing is still the lowest of the big three, deleting/tuning options cost $5K+ and do I have to comment on the wiggly spaghetti arm mirrors?

Trucks these days seem like they're heading in the wrong direction, so disappointing.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wow! I actually started laughing when I first saw that thing! What were they thinking/smoking?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't have $73K for a new Chevy truck so I could pull a 35000 lb trailer so thought if I added a hood scoop and lifted my truck two inches I could get there?

https://www.cervinis.com/99-07super-duty-type4-ram-air-hood.html

With that hood scoop, I would be well on my way to a 35000 lb tow rating! Guess I had better start saving as I can't afford the $700 hood scoop either... I do have fuzzy dice on my mirror so that bumps my tow rating up at least 1000 lbs!

My opinion... (whatever that is worth) is the the designers out there took a cue from Ram and decided to make their trucks as macho looking as possible Wide, aggressive grill, hood scoops... just plain MANLY as that would sell trucks. I think most of the 2020 trucks of all brands have been to look a bit silly but that is just me.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Wow that thing is Fugly

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
Fugly is an understatement. One big pile of dog crap.
Just can't put lipstick on a pig......

·
Administrator
21,543 Posts

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I've been thinking of a new front end (grille, bumper headlights, possibly hood) for my '05, but not this.

·
Super Moderator
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
You just hadda put that link in dincha? Damn son - I can't unsee ALL that ugliness. It was bad enough seeing one!! :hehe: :hehe:

I thought the idea was to sell MORE trucks. What are they gonna do if their truck sales go down? Mid-MY redesign?
That and blame in on Trump. It's ALL his fault...ALL of it
:rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts