Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a lot of threads on this but i never could seem to find a definitive answer to what i wanted. I need new tires and i was wondering what size i should get ( like 285 75 r16 or what ever). I'm looking for the largest tire i can fit with out rubbing (if it rubs a little on the bumper or some thing i can grind/cut it down so it doesn't, but no major rubbing). So basically what size tire looks the best on a 1997 F350 4X4 crew cab?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
You might be able to do 305's, I run 285's never had to grind but I have a leveling kit. With 305's and 16'' rims there is alot of sidewall and I don't like the way the truck handles. They feel squirrely to me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A 295/75/16 should fit without much if any rubbing. I would suggest you get a BFG tire if you can. They have a 50k mile warranty on their all terrain tire, plus they tend to ballance better than other tires on the market. If you want a mild all terrain tire Michelin has the LTX A/T 2(biggest size is a 285 though).

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Anybody know what the largest size you can run on a 97 dually ,stock rims.I have 235x85x16's on now.:dunno:

·
Registered
146 Posts
A 265/75/16 might fit your 97. It might need a small spacer in the back to clear though. If it did need a spacer to fit I wouldn't do it, it's not safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts