Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 F-250 7.3. It doesn't have a lift, or any aesthetic modifications right now. Right now I think the tires are 33s.

I wanted to do a 6 inch lift, but I don't know what size tires I would be able to run. I was thinking 37s, maybe 38s. I was gonna go with Toyo cause I am running those on a 1990 F-150 and they look good. What else would yall recommend?

How much do yall think I could get without it rubbing, or at least not too much. Also, I live in Florida. I heard that any trucks lifted 8 inches and over will be charged extra by insurance companies. Anybody living in Florida know if this is true or not?

Gonna do 20 inch Fuel Rims. I was going to use the "Lethal." What other brands are out there with this same style?

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you.

·
U.S. Army 68 - 71
237 Posts
I have a rule about vehicles I buy. I never do any mods before I have owned it for 4 months and driven it 2000 miles. It will save you from mistakes and wasted money.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a rule about vehicles I buy. I never do any mods before I have owned it for 4 months and driven it 2000 miles. It will save you from mistakes and wasted money.
That's a good rule definitely got to get some windshield time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
740 Posts
The wheel offset is key when fitting bigger tires. You will clear 37's on 6" with a skinny wheel with no offset. Now if you want to run a 20x12 -44offset on 37's you need to go 8" lift.

Whoever told you about fl insurance is full of crap my insurance company didn't care what I had done to the truck. I even have an extra 10k in coverage for" performance parts" for less than an extra 100$ a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't have the money for a while, so at least 4 months before I have enough. This truck was a one owner who took great care of it. Has every service record and all done at a Ford certified dealership. I don't think anything is going to go wrong but you never know so thanks for the good advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheel offset is key when fitting bigger tires. You will clear 37's on 6" with a skinny wheel with no offset. Now if you want to run a 20x12 -44offset on 37's you need to go 8" lift.

Whoever told you about fl insurance is full of crap my insurance company didn't care what I had done to the truck. I even have an extra 10k in coverage for" performance parts" for less than an extra 100$ a year.
What are you running on your truck? Like lift, tires, rims? I don't know if i should go with a 6 inch or an 8 inch lift. I looked up the offset and I am not sure if I understand. How does the wheel offset work? Negative is when it is set closer in right? Or vice versa.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
lift kits.....big rims.....I'll never understand it. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What are you running on your truck? Like lift, tires, rims? I don't know if i should go with a 6 inch or an 8 inch lift. I looked up the offset and I am not sure if I understand. How does the wheel offset work? Negative is when it is set closer in right? Or vice versa.
Negative is further out. Here is -24 on a 10" rim

·
Registered
740 Posts
Check out the customwheeloffsets.com You can search all kinds of combos and see what works and what doesn't. It will answer a lot of question you probably have.

Reactions: 2000 F-250 7.3

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
This is my 2001 on a 6" lift on 38x15.5R20s with 20x12 -44 wheels but i did have to do some trimming, you can see it toward the corner of the cab
i used to run 37x13.5 and 20x10s and they didnt rub at all, but i felt like they were big enough tires thats why i moved up to 38s and i love it

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I guess it just depends on what you personally think will make a truck look good.
To some. To others it's about what makes the truck function the best.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
This is my 2001 on a 6" lift on 38x15.5R20s with 20x12 -44 wheels but i did have to do some trimming, you can see it toward the corner of the cab
i used to run 37x13.5 and 20x10s and they didnt rub at all, but i felt like they were big enough tires thats why i moved up to 38s and i love it

I have the same wheels as you do, but I only have 35's. I swear yours look like they have way more dish than mine. I think it's just the center caps being off. I've been thinking of taking mine off, but I'll probably lose them.... :hehe: I am impressed though, that you fit 38-15.5s even with the skinnier leaf sprung axle and the 20x12s. Did you have to cut bodywork or just fender liners and or bumper spacing?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I have the same wheels as you do, but I only have 35's. I swear yours look like they have way more dish than mine. I think it's just the center caps being off. I've been thinking of taking mine off, but I'll probably lose them.... :hehe: I am impressed though, that you fit 38-15.5s even with the skinnier leaf sprung axle and the 20x12s. Did you have to cut bodywork or just fender liners and or bumper spacing?
did you buy the Deep Dish wheels?
plus I cant fit my center caps on my truck with out the Wheel Spacers,
so are yours 12" wide & -44 offset?

yeah I did have to do some trimming but it was all worth it

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
They're the same wheel. The dish looks the same as yours but I think just because your tires are 15.5s, that's why they look so much wider. But you said you have spacers? 2 inches? That should be almost the same as my truck as far as width because I have an 08 with the newer/wider axles. Hmm... I'm planning on getting 37-13.5 tires next year so that'll probably help. I don't think I can fit 38-15.5, "maybe" 36-15.5.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
They're the same wheel. The dish looks the same as yours but I think just because your tires are 15.5s, that's why they look so much wider. But you said you have spacers? 2 inches? That should be almost the same as my truck as far as width because I have an 08 with the newer/wider axles. Hmm... I'm planning on getting 37-13.5 tires next year so that'll probably help. I don't think I can fit 38-15.5, "maybe" 36-15.5.
Yeah its probably my 15.5s throwing you off, i used to run spacer and it was stupid wide then
the left side has 2" spacers and the right side doesnt have any spacers, i havent ran any spacer for a while now

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I like how it looks really wide, but your axles can only take so much. My brother has 20x14s -76 offset and he went through balljoints more than he should for sure. Now he has 05 axles under his 01 so hopefully they'll do a little better...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts