Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be at the track tonight with a customer and I was thinking about disconnecting the trailor and making a few passes. What do you guys figure it should run on 37's with the Spartan 275v4, (power numbers are in the sig)?

Also, my truck has an 8 inch Fabtech lift w/o any form of traction bar on it. Will it be fine to launch hard in four wheel drive or should I baby it out of the hole?

Thanks for any input!

Drew

AED

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
You should run mid to high 13's in the 1/4 @ 100 + MPH. Boost the heck out of it at the tree! Have FUN!

Mike

I'm going to be at the track tonight with a customer and I was thinking about disconnecting the trailor and making a few passes. What do you guys figure it should run on 37's with the Spartan 275v4, (power numbers are in the sig)?

Also, my truck has an 8 inch Fabtech lift w/o any form of traction bar on it. Will it be fine to launch hard in four wheel drive or should I baby it out of the hole?

Thanks for any input!

Drew

AED

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i'd start out slow and just work on the launches, paying close attention to how its taking off. 37's and 522hp... im guessing 14.0

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I agree with Dusten, slow at first then feel it out. He should be pretty close with the times also. Launch it in 4X4 and see what happens, if it hops, ease out then get on it again. You really need traction bars with the 8" lift.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running my CC/SB tonight with 310 tune. 8" lift with 37's. Hopefully I don't break it, I would be truckless. :(
I would like to be running the 310 tune tonight also. ;)

Seriously though. It didn't take you very long to go from "I don't think I'll ever race that truck again now that its lifted" to "hopefully it don't break"!:hehe::thumb:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to start off some what easy with the launching and see how the lift/rear diff. takes it.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I would like to be running the 310 tune tonight also. ;)

Seriously though. It didn't take you very long to go from "I don't think I'll ever race that truck again now that its lifted" to "hopefully it don't break"!:hehe::thumb:
He's got racing in his veins and the drag truck is down, might as well use the tow truck.:scuffy

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's got racing in his veins and the drag truck is down, might as well use the tow truck.:scuffy
I know how that goes. I have logged a few.......thousand passes down the 1320 myself over the years, just not in my town vehicals! LOL :crazy:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i wouldn't sweat the rear end

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
i wouldn't sweat the rear end
I did a really high boost launch with my 585rcd tune awhile back and It did something bad to the rear end. It would click every time I turned and whine going down the road. I drained the fluid and it was full of metal shavings. Filled it back up with some mystic and its been ok so far. I dont know what I did to it but it couldnt have been good. I figure after I go with 37's if the gears go out ill re gear it with something alittle stronger.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I did a really high boost launch with my 585rcd tune awhile back and It did something bad to the rear end. It would click every time I turned and whine going down the road. I drained the fluid and it was full of metal shavings. Filled it back up with some mystic and its been ok so far. I dont know what I did to it but it couldnt have been good. I figure after I go with 37's if the gears go out ill re gear it with something alittle stronger.
how do you plan to get stronger gears? A lower gear actually comes with a smaller pinion head.

A click when you turn, whine and shavings sounds like an issue with the LS in the rear end

·
Registered
175 Posts
id start out launchin at 10lbs of boost then move up to 20lbs!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:hehe: Did I say that? :rofl:

Ran 8.6 @ 80MPH 2 times in the 8th.
8.6? Not bad at all for 37's. Should equate to somewhere in the mid 13's in the 1/4! :thumb:

What were your 60fts like?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts