Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 1995 ford powerstroke with afe stage II, exhaust ,ts 6pos chip the egt probe is in the downpipe doin about 80 it's t about 600-700 degrees but I was wondering if it's hotter at the manifold?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The probe is on the downpipe right after the turbo.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Keep it under 900 deg and you will be fine, if it drifts over for a short period thats fine but dont run sustained temps over 900. Anything over 900 is actually 1250-1300 deg of actual exhaust temp, the turbo cools the temp down roughly 400 deg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks. Do ou know anything about rosewood injectors? I was thinking about their stage II injectors

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Sure do, they are great with awesome customer service. I have a set of his stage 1's in mine. I would recommend him 100%

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How are the budget built stage II injectors for $885 I was thinking about them n do they make alot of black smoke?

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
One thing to remember about a budget build, that is the price IF your injectors dont need parts. I would think the 2's would be smokey but I have read not to put stage 2's in with a stock auto trans, it wont handle it. On the other hand if you have a manual your good. You would also need a reburn on your chip for the 2's and if your are rough on it the stock turbo wont take the stage 2s

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Transmission is getting rebuilt right now n beefed up with clutches.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Nice, maybe someone else will chim in that can tell you more about the stage 2's. I love my 1's I do alot of towing and I am getting awesome fuel mileage and good power. What all has been done to your truck so far?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a 1995 ford powerstroke with upgraded tranny, afe stage II, exhaust, ts 6 pos chip, and gauages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts