Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am happy with the performance of my truck right now. But it is needing change in some fashion. Give me ideas on what to do that will cost 500 or less.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know all this. But I am going for looks. Besides custom pinstriping and vinyl I added about 6 years ago. The outside of my truck is completely stock. Well besides tires but who keeps stock tires.

Minus the tool box this is what my truck looks like.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i say ditch the running boards, and pick up a 05 grille and headlights. that will definately pick up the looks of your truck. thats what im gonna do next.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i say grill inserts or a 1 piece billet grill and some either clear or smoked cab lights
I would have to go with clear lights. Because if I went smoked then I would want everything smoked. I have yet to find a grill I like. In Michigan grill inserts don't last one winter with the snowplows.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i say ditch the running boards, and pick up a 05 grille and headlights. that will definately pick up the looks of your truck. thats what im gonna do next.
Wife is short need running boards or tube steps. Even with the stock hieght she still needs to use the running boards.

I may make a run to the junkyard tomorrow maybe they have some of the stock tube steps.

I am thinking of removing the vinyl graphics on the side. But I am worried about the paint getting damaged. Plus I would have to buff for a while to remove the sticker marks.

Oh and my emblems have been chromed already too. I did that in 30 minutes with acetone.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
yeh i was gonna post that. i have them on my truck and they dont look bad. im saving for the amp steps in the far future. i say 05 grille and harley headlights.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tint the windows.
They are already as dark as the law will allow in Michigan.

I think Saturday I am gonna remove the vinyl. I know to prevent damage to the paint I need heat gun and then buff, buff, buff, buff and then more buffing.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
haha vegas allows 25% maximum tint. mine are factory tinted in the rear and back window plus limo in the rears and double tinted front 2 windows. going to do the front winshield 25% next week.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
also you could go with the newer emblems. im getting those as well. maybe change things up a bit and remove the vinyls. just a thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts