Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 PSD F250 and I have been looking around for a programmer and was wondering if you guys could steer me down the right path! The one that I'm really considering is the Edge Evolution. Let me know what you think!
:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
i prefer a custom tuned chip over a programmer any day of the week... i have tried most of the generic programmers like edge, superchips ect and nothing comes close in power and fuel economy like m Tony wildman custom tuned chip.

of course if you do decide to to with a chip you will need gauges. let me know if you have any questions on the chip, gauges or the programmers and i will let you know what i think of them

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
listen to raul he knows what he's talking about

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Definitely go for a custom tuned chip. Tony Wildman, or Dp tuner.:thumb:

And get some guages for sure.

Raul will hook you up!:thumb:

Dont get an edge. From my understanding there horrible on transmissions. Definitely stay away from them

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Man i asked this question a while back and I agree with all of them, but to answer your question I have the hypertech max energy programmer and havent had any problems and I like it. Because it checks codes, and it can adjust the speedometer for tire size.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Man i asked this question a while back and I agree with all of them, but to answer your question I have the hypertech max energy programmer and havent had any problems and I like it. Because it checks codes, and it can adjust the speedometer for tire size.
It can't change your stock speedo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats the deal with a custom tuned chip?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
whats the deal with a custom tuned chip?
There custom burnt for your truck, and the mods you have on it. Plugs into the PCM, and you have an adjustable knob to change settings.

You can get up to 6 positions on one, which is 6 different tunes. And its fully adjustable on the fly:thumb:

Most programmers you have to stop and turn the truck off and plug in the programmer to change settings.

That answer your question?

Definitely go that route!!! But dont forget gauges. There EXTREMELY important!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i agree with left if i woulda had gauges first i would bought a custom, but stupid me wanted to hurry and get a little smoke, so i paid 300$ for a programmer and now that im about to buy gauges i feed like a dumazz

·
Registered
45 Posts
Which one?

New owner of an 02 7.3 4x4 - I tow about 8k from time to time and looking for best overall deal for the money. I'd like a DP or wildman chip but how much do all the gauges cost to buy + install. I'm considering just a programmer because of the "one-stop shop" like the edge evo rather than the gauges and such. Want to make it pull better and get better mileage, not much into speed - what would be best? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
i agree with left if i woulda had gauges first i would bought a custom, but stupid me wanted to hurry and get a little smoke, so i paid 300$ for a programmer and now that im about to buy gauges i feed like a dumazz
I will let you try a chip from Tony FOC and you can judge for yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts