Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 PS and am currently looking to buy a programmer for it. What would you guys recommend. Do the programmer already come with tunes? Is SCT up there?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
SCT is the best you can buy. When I was at DiscountPowerParts.com we sold custom tuned SCT's (by Innovative Diesel) to 98% of our customers. I personally would not run anything else in my 05 F350.

·
Registered
636 Posts
SCT is the best you can buy. When I was at DiscountPowerParts.com we sold custom tuned SCT's (by Innovative Diesel) to 98% of our customers. I personally would not run anything else in my 05 F350.
Agreed!!! :icon_ford:

·
Banned
0 Posts
+1 on the SCT. There isn't anything better out there right now. Of course each individual tuner does his own thing so you still would have a choice to make. If I could afford it I would have tunes from all the major tuners. Variety is the spice of life you know.

·
Registered
412 Posts
+1 on the SCT. There isn't anything better out there right now. Of course each individual tuner does his own thing so you still would have a choice to make. If I could afford it I would have tunes from all the major tuners. Variety is the spice of life you know.
:agree: With the diffrent tuners it is like a woman trying to pick out shoes.:hehe: I run Eric at ID's tunes and they have been great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
:sct::sct::sct::sct:

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
If it helps I'm running the Edge Juice w/ Attitude and complete love it and satisfied with it being a canned tune. On the other hand my SCT X3 from DJ's will be here tommorrow. I want to try something different and add extra features that can't be done with canned tunes...

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it helps I'm running the Edge Juice w/ Attitude and complete love it and satisfied with it being a canned tune. On the other hand my SCT X3 from DJ's will be here tommorrow. I want to try something different and add extra features that can't be done with canned tunes...
Did you order it with Custom Tunes? EGR Off?

Can't wait to hear your feedback with the SCT! I've had both Edge and Flashpaq and they don't even compare as far as drivablity, power delivery and shifting. :woot:

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Did you order it with Custom Tunes? EGR Off?

Can't wait to hear your feedback with the SCT! I've had both Edge and Flashpaq and they don't even compare as far as drivablity, power delivery and shifting. :woot:

Absolutely I'm going with Custom Tunes!!!

I'm gonna start off with a Street/Econo, Looney, & Aggressive Tow w/ turbo brake all with EGR off. Then I'll start to change and adjust from their... I want to take it to the track and/or dyno to get a true difference if I can ever find the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts