• Exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the following mods in mind for my 6.0 (2005), I was wondering which order they should be done in, or if it doesn't matter much?
-SCT (from ID)
-EGR
-Gauges
-Exhaust*

*Does the exhaust need to be replaced, as in is it very restrictive? Or can I get away with deleting the Cat? I don't really want to spend that money right now if it is not needed, and I am not looking to make the truck much louder than it already is.

I really only have money for 1 of the above at the moment, and would like the increased mpg/hp from the tuner, but do not want to purchase out of order.

Also does ID include 3 tunes for the $425?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
if your not in caly delete the egr. One thing is if you buy a kit they are 300 PLUS!! very expensive! it is easy to do most of it home made for alot less. 300 + is a butt load

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guages are a must before running tunes...
The stock gauges are not to be trusted?
Any recommendations? If someone sells a kit with 3 gauges and the pod, that would be ideal?
Do they typically mount on the Pillar?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your not in caly delete the egr. One thing is if you buy a kit they are 300 PLUS!! very expensive! it is easy to do most of it home made for alot less. 300 + is a butt load
Is there a DIY out there for this? I was thinking about sinister diesel on ebay, he said lowest offer he will accept is 270.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Well, all you have is boost and trans temp right? The trans temp isnt true to what it says. There are a lot of vendore that sell them on hear. [email protected] is one of them. Most kits are 3 guages on the pillar, they are, (Boost, EGT- Exhaust Gas Temp, and Trans Temp) That way you can keep an eye on everything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any one know how key an exhaust is or isn't?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
egr delete to save your truck
gauges before tunning. exhaust temp(pyro), trans temp, eng H2O temp, fuel pressure so you can watch your fuel pressure, if it is low your injectors will fail. the stock boost gauge functions better than the other temp dummy gauges
exhaust is recommended

Delete pipes are a very cheep and very effective

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
i would get an exhaust with dp to help lower the egts FBD Budget Exhaust 4" Straight Pipe
this one is by far the best out there for the money i think :thumb: and it includes the dp and everything but i think you need to buy the cat delete pipe seprate

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you would recomend just deleting the cat as opposed to going aftermarket turbo back?
If preformance is about the same, and cost/sound are less from staying stock, that is what I would prefer.

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
aftermarket will help to lower the egts and let it flow better imo

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Gauges first

·
Registered
285 Posts
delete the exhaust cat then intake then gauges then egr then tune it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, Sounds like gauges need to be first, I guess I just need to do a little more research on the advantages of a delete vs new exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts