Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting spartan and straight pipe and CAI and wondering what i should do after that to have a reliable good mpg truck. airdog?? studs? egr delete? torque tube??

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Im looking at doing a egr delete and studs. I would love to run the 350 tune but on the stock tranny. Guess i will do that after i clean up the motor and get rid of all the junk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Coolant bi-pass filter and Tranny bi-pass filter. Dieselsite.com has some good set ups.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Coolant bi-pass filter and Tranny bi-pass filter. Dieselsite.com has some good set ups.
X2. I got both and they are great!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
worried about warranty

looked at those bi pass filters and they are very affrodable but would ford void my warranty if they saw that? cause if i have to take my truck back in for warranty work it wouldnt be too hard to put the exhaust back on and stock air intake and just un program it but those filters look permanant??

thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
Any thing like that is always possible, but they would have to prove that the part you installed was related to the problem as with any legal modifications. Would be hard pressed to do that with something that provides extra protection/filtration. And they have a bipass mode(hence the name) that allows them to flow just as the system would stock, should the filters get to the point of being clogged. With the tranny filter you can even get a cool little gauge that tells you about when to change the filter.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hp

will that add any horsepower or just make it more reliable??

·
Registered
4,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Studs and an EGR cooler delete w/CFM+ intake elbow. You will see a little gain in power, especially if you do a CAC pipe with the CFM+.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Studs and an EGR cooler delete w/CFM+ intake elbow. You will see a little gain in power, especially if you do a CAC pipe with the CFM+.
What would it cost to have head studs done?

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Do you have studs? If so did you do them cab on? I would like to do studs but it seems like a PITA.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
What would it cost to have head studs done?
About $1500 in labor and the other parts needed.

Do you have studs? If so did you do them cab on? I would like to do studs but it seems like a PITA.
Yes, I have Elite's H-11 head studs. My cab was pulled. I wanted my heads pulled to be checked for cracks and new gaskets put in.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
did elite put your studs in for you?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
did elite put your studs in for you?
I live in GA. There is no way I would pay to send my truck out to Elite just for studs and an EGR cooler delete. I have a buddy who is a Ford tech. He did it as a side job.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I live in GA. There is no way I would pay to send my truck out to Elite just for studs and an EGR cooler delete. I have a buddy who is a Ford tech. He did it as a side job.
It was just a question. I didnt realize you were in Georgia. Anyway thanks for the info :thumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
response

what would it cost to do all that??

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts

what would it cost to do all that??
Shoot an email to Rudy's and see what they would charge for the parts and labor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need a Ford Tech buddy! Actually have one but his garage at his house isn't tall enough to pull a cab. If anyone on here is a Ford Tech/Diesel mechanic or knows someone in Northern NJ/Southern NY looking for some side work, PM me. Looking to do head studs on atleast 2 possibly 3 trucks. Got a quote from a local shop here a week ago and labor alone was well over $4k for one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts