Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to the forum here and looking for some information. I have driven a 2002 F250 powerstroke 7.3L and I loved it, but it was a work vehicle so I didn't do any of the maintenance on it and so don't know much as far as that goes. My question is I am looking at buying an excursion. I found this one for sale and I am wondering what kind of questions I should ask him about it. This is what his ad says,

"2000 7.3 turbo diesel power stroke 4x4 "22 DUB wheels very clean 180k miles excellent cond. Has salvage title from damage to the rear qtr panel NO frame damage I have before repair pics."

Besides asking about the damage and salvage title, since it is a 2000 and has 180k miles what else should I ask?

- Have any of the injectors been replaced?
- Any transmission work been done?
- fuel pump?

I really don't know what else to ask besides that, I know 180k is nothing for the 7.3 if it has been taken care of so what can I ask or look into to make sure it has been taken care of?

Thanks for the help guys and I am loving all of the great information that I am finding on here.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
:ORG welcome:

1. take the intake tube off, look for damage to the turbo compressor fins, chips, shaft play etc.
2. about regular maitnenance, how often was the oil changed (should be 5k or less. a little more is probably still fine)
3. about about tranny fluid interval
4. check for leaks, and post here if you find any

1 - 3 of 3 Posts