Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working a deal now on a 2020 platinum F-350 DRW. I currently have an 2018 F-350 DRW diesel/ lairet that I plan to trade in with 80K miles on it, they're giving me $44,500 for it. My pay off is exactly that. I found another dealer willing to give me $47,000 for it. I have owned it since March 2018, just a little over 2.5 years and I had it financed for 84 months.

I do realize I can sell the truck for more but I don't want to deal with the hassle. I would also lose my $2,700 tax credit from the trade in. I would need to sell the truck at $50K to match the current deal now without doing a trade in. However, if anyone is interested, I would sell it for $52,000 firm. ;-). Which is still a great deal.

The MSRP on the truck is $86,175. They are discounting the vehicle to $77,974 (discount of $8,201 (9.5% off MSRP)

I am curious what other folks are seeing on discounts for F-350.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
If the 9.5% off doesn't include any Private Cash Offers or other cash off/customer cash that's a good deal. Add on any other customer cash then you have a decent deal for a 2020.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If the 9.5% off doesn't include any Private Cash Offers or other cash off/customer cash that's a good deal. Add on any other customer cash then you have a decent deal for a 2020.
Thanks for the rely. No private cash offers but it does include $500 military + $500 ford rebate.

·
Registered
965 Posts
That's a good deal. I've ordered a 2020 F350 Platinum that should be here around the 1st week of November. Deal was Invoice - rebates. They are giving me $50,000 for my 2017 with 84,000 miles. My 17 is really clean with Wheels/tire, leveling, air bags & tonneau. I got the $2500 PCO a week ago that will sweeten the deal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good deal. I've ordered a 2020 F350 Platinum that should be here around the 1st week of November. Deal was Invoice - rebates. They are giving me $50,000 for my 2017 with 84,000 miles. My 17 is really clean with Wheels/tire, leveling, air bags & tonneau. I got the $2500 PCO a week ago that will sweeten the deal
That's a good price for your truck, my truck is not leveled or lifted but I've got some nice wheels on them. However, I am planning to pull them off and put them on the new truck and put the stock back on them.

I would LOVE to get a PCO! I've been trying to get one, hopefully I'll get one before I end up buying the truck!

Did yours coming via email? You just spent some time on the ford website clicking around and giving your email address?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for all this information. I too am in the midst of acquiring an F350 Platinum (2020 or 2021). Understanding the deals and trade-ins (maybe my '84 BMW 325e) is good to know.
Sorry to ask, but what is "PCO"? (Private Cash Offer) How do you get it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PCO, yes is private cash offer. It's something ford has to offer you and it's a hit or miss. It can range around 2,500 - 3.000 off the MSRP in addition to what you negotiate with the dealer. So it's a GREAT deal if you can get one. You have be on their website and receive a pop up window with the offer. There's some tips on how to try and get one but I haven't had that luck yet. if you click on a bunch of ford as and show that you are interested in buying and you might get the offer pop up.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I frequented the Ford.com site, built some trucks, searched dealer inventory. On October 1st when the new rebates came out, They also sent out new PCO's I saw that several folks on other forums all got theirs the same day as me, It came in an email. ( but dealers can verify off the Ford website - so you don't have to have the email incase in went in your junk mail and got deleted) The current offer seems to $2500 off and is good until Jan 4th.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I picked up a F350 XL/STX 4x4 DRW a few weeks ago. The dealership had it discounted about $6000 which included $1000 for the STX and $500 for the F Series. I also got a flyer in the mail (shortly after I test drove it the first time, hmm?) for $2000 off. I walked out the door when they were unwilling to budge on the trade-in value for my 2016 F250 XLT 4x4 SRW. A few days later they had be back in with the deal I wanted. Both the difference I would finance and the rate I was looking for. If my math is correct, I ended up right at the invoice price with netted them the 3% holdback as their profit. I saw that they have my old truck advertised at $10,000 over what I got for trade. I'm sure they won't get that, but I was indeed surprised at how well that diesel truck held its value over the past 3-4 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I paid $500 over dealer invoice in 2002 which was $35k. Now it is worth around $17k. I am going to keep driving it.

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Just curious what the dealer lots are looking like down there.
Our lot is so empty the sales guys are driving gm's. Had to give up the demos to sell.
Do lots look fairly well stocked where you guys are?

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Picked up my 2020 350 ccsb lariat ultimate on Monday for $82995 cdn after my $2500 rebate. Works out to about $63300 US.
First brand new vehicle I've ever owned. Couldn't resist the colour. Silver spruce👌

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just curious what the dealer lots are looking like down there.
Our lot is so empty the sales guys are driving gm's. Had to give up the demos to sell.
Do lots look fairly well stocked where you guys are?
Lots here are empty too. I fly to Baltimore to get mine.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Invoice Minus Rebate Minus $2500 PCO. $84500 Retail $79831 Invoice, So $76831 2020 F-350 Platinum. And dealer threw in Lifetime warranty on parts that oil touches.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Invoice Minus Rebate Minus $2500 PCO. $84500 Retail $79831 Invoice, So $76831 2020 F-350 Platinum. And dealer threw in Lifetime warranty on parts that oil touches.
You got a great deal. No such luck here. I did not get any PCO (very elusive for me), only $500 off the maintenance plan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts