Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting a chip in my 6.4 undecided between superchips are bullydog. And do i got to change out the exhaust to put a chip in thanks :dunno:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wouldn't go with either simply because I haven't heard anything about them, but I would recomend SCT's LiveWire. Its worked well in my truck:thumb: If you want to delete your DPF/DOC you will need a delete pipe, but other than that you shouldn't need to mess with exhaust:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I'm thinking of putting a chip in my 6.4 undecided between superchips are bullydog. And do i got to change out the exhaust to put a chip in thanks :dunno:
With just a regular tuner, you do not have to change the exhaust. However, you truck will be going into regen more simply because you will be creating more soot for the DPF to catch.....if it was a toss up between Superchips and Bullydog I would go Superchips, even though its only 80HP its plenty and yet still safe with your stock exhaust.....I've really never heard anything but horror stories about Bullydog......in fact last month for one of our meets a Bullydog montior keep powering down a 6.0 on the high and only letting him go 55mph.....not very cool in my book

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
I kind of like superchips better because i dont have to take out the dpf in void warranty
Once you tune it your warranty is out the door, so I do not see why you don't just remove the DPF. And YES the tuners are traceable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the hypertech and thought it was really good. The truck did not seem to go into the regen any more with it. I had no problems with it but decide to go with sct for the more power and the delete dpf.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hey judd, hate to take it off topic but what did you do with your factory bumpers??

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts