Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a toggle switch on dash that has green wire that goes to the green plug in pic...it has on and off..what does this do? Thanks previous owner had no clue..said guy before him did it and forgot to tell him what it was...

it is a 01 7.3 ext cab with auto..

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
What sensor is that above it? Does it do anything when you flip it? Mystery switches are always interesting

·
Registered
568 Posts
It goes to the Wastgate Solenoid. It is the dump line for the pressure to be spent back into the intake.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
It goes to the Wastgate Solenoid. It is the dump line for the pressure to be spent back into the intake.
Wtf?

It kinda sorta looks like an intake heater or crank case heater. Looks like it heats up the incoming air charge. Is it a cold-weather truck from 2 owners ago? Where are you from and the previous owner from?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
There's not a hose going to it is there?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will

·
Registered
427 Posts
Its gotta be some aftermarket job. See the red butt connector with the black wire (that is almost falling out)?

·
Registered
568 Posts
The newer 7.3s came with them cause they had bigger turbos

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
meth injection?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not meth injection...i really have no clue...it doesnt seem to do anything with it on or off... but yes the butt connector IS the wire im talking about..and its fed into the green plug?...what does the green plug do...does anyone have one like this?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I literally just said what it was above, it has two wires to that plug to activate the solenoid, one power and one ground, the other two are for the wastegate

Those other two lines go to the turbo and intake

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Why would there be a manually controlled wastegate? I've never seen that before. Pull the boot and look in there

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I literally just said what it was above, it has two wires to that plug to activate the solenoid, one power and one ground, the other two are for the wastegate

Those other two lines go to the turbo and intake
No offense, but you've been spewing a lot of bullsh*t on this forum since you've started posting.
First of all, a WASTEGATE has nothing to do with a regulated air return, IE divertor valve, which is what you are insinuating. A wastegate hooks up to the turbo; a divertor valve, which these trucks are not built to utilize, does a regulated return like you are saying.
Second of all, human interaction isn't needed for a divertor valve OR a wastgate. Why would you put a switch on a wastegate? Do you know how to control a turbo better than the turbo does?

Do you see a "manual wastegate controller" on this stock super duty? No. Because it's on the turbo.

Why would there be a manually controlled wastegate? I've never seen that before. Pull the boot and look in there

Exactly. This guys been saying some crazy **** since he's joined. No offense to him.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
You wont see a wastegate to control on a 6.0

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
The only thing the green wire might be is an ebpv controller. where does the wire its spliced into go?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
You wont see a wastegate to control on a 6.0

Right because it's a vgt.

The only thing the green wire might be is an ebpv controller. where does the wire its spliced into go?

Why would an ebpv wiring be on the intake charge piping?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Right because it's a vgt.

Why would an ebpv wiring be on the intake charge piping?
You obviously haven't messed with newer 7.3s. And who made you the expert to call others opinions bullsh!t?
That solenoid receives pressure from the Y then goes to the wastegate. So my guess is the switch would turn off the solenoid not allowing pressure to the wastegate so it won't open allowing more boost. It'd work like disconnecting the red vacuum line to the wastegate

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
You obviously haven't messed with newer 7.3s. And who made you the expert to call others opinions bullsh!t?
That solenoid receives pressure from the Y then goes to the wastegate. So my guess is the switch would turn off the solenoid not allowing pressure to the wastegate so it won't open allowing more boost. It'd work like disconnecting the red vacuum line to the wastegate
Why would you make a switch that would keep the waste gate closed? So you can blow the turbo?

I'm calling that guys bull**** because I've seen him post a few posts now which made zero sense and were totally inaccurate.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It wont blow the turbo. Like I said, it would act just like unplugging the red vacuum line which many people on this forum do.

Idk what you're referring to talkin about 450hp on stock turbo?

And just saying, the OP asked for opinions, the guy gave his opinion, not your place to say he's full of it or not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts