Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently pulled codes on my truck because changing the oil didnt improve my rough idle or the engine stalling during deceleration...The code that came up is po603, what does this code mean? What do i do now?

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Hi i recently pulled codes on my truck because changing the oil didnt improve my rough idle or the engine stalling during deceleration...The code that came up is po603, what does this code mean? What do i do now?
I took a quick look and found this. Hope this helps. Trouble Codes P0603 and/or P0605:
Some PowerStroke trucks may exhibit codes related to keep alive memory--KAM (P0603); or read only memory--ROM (P0605). P0603 may be set if the batteries or computer are disconnected. On the 7.3 P0603 can be cleared by running the engine for at least 30 seconds, thn clearing all codes. For the P0605 the computer should be reprogrammed with the latest available calibration. Broadcast Message 1076.

·
Registered
521 Posts
From the Ford Manual, :icon_ford:

P0603 Powertrain Control Module KAM error.
Possible Causes- No Historical Faults output during self test, Open PCM Pin, Disconnected battery, or Faulty PCM
That is atleast what Ford says about it. The techs on here can probably point you in a good direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts