Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford F-250 6.7L
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a new leveling kit put on as well as some caster shims. The shop didn't buy the caster shims I told them I wanted (figured this out after got home and crawled under). Thought I would let it ride because they've had my truck for 2 days trying to get it aligned. As I was underneath I noticed this piece was missing since it came back.. what is it? Any input appreciated!

Red circle showing missing piece..

My truck missing part

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had the same happen to me. Many shops forget to put it back on after the alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Good eyes.

There's a lot of front-end guys who don't think that is needed. But Ford would not have added that if they didn't find some testing or service history issue. It cost money. I'd have it put on or get it and put it on.

·
Administrator
23,085 Posts
Considering yours is now rotated... it must work.

Also, unless they really cleaned it up, the one in the second pic isnt the same one in the first pic.

·
Administrator
31,721 Posts
the Moog replacement parts did not allow for reuse of the safety tabs I thought that was a huge liability for MooG
later units seem to have the machining necessary to reuse the safety hardware

sure a lot of Dana front ends do not use this feature but if it is there why not use it ?

when my MooG parts failed prematurley instead of trying to warranty garbage I put OEM back on and the safety tabs I had saved

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
It is such a shame what has happened to Moog. Those guys before 2000 were very proud of the way they engineered and manufactured their products, staying away from cost-cutting. I had worked with them. Then the Cooper Group was purchased by Federal-Mogul, who had just prior bought Ferodo. Ferodo asbestos liability caused F-M to go bankrupt; Carl Ichan bought the company and ran it into the ground, trying to make it look like a good purchase to sell it off. He sold it all off to Tenneco when he couldn't break it up into enough sellable parts. Not many companies within the F-M umbrella didn't suffer.

My Moog ball joint before 2001 are still fine; after that, I keep sending in sway bar links.

Reactions: ZMANN
1 - 7 of 7 Posts