Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing people talking about upgrading to a blue spring in the fuel line. What is this? Is it a change that needs to be updated by the dealer? I have a 2006 model, do I still need to consider this?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i am curious about this also

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
the stock regulator spring is silver and will regulate fuel pressure to around 55psi. the new updated spring is colored blue so it's possible to distinguish it from the original. the new spring is stiffer and should push your pressure up to 65psi or slightly higher

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I did a write up on it, check it out in my threads or the General 6.0l Discussion. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
And where can this little blue spring be purchased from?

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
[ok here is part number im doing 1 right now 3c3z-9t517-ag regulator kit my reading at idle are 74 psi idle and 65psi simulated load.
also this kit has a very important peace the white plastic pease is for the air bleed. 9 out of 10 that i do this is blocked. install it.i will put presure reading up in a bit ok

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Found it on ebay for $36

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
lol right after I posted it someone bought it. I was trying to hook someone here up. did anyone buy it?

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
That one on E-bay is the International version, which is cheaper because it does not include the fuel pressure regulator housing. The part number for the International version is: # 1843065C98
It will run you right about what you saw on e-bay.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Try Gillette Diesel service in Draper Utah, and Im sure others have it also

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I dont know if I already have it or not so Im gonna get my FP tested befor I order it.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
I doubt that you do. It isn't a part that is normally changed by a dealer as part of any repair, unless they tested the fuel pressure and it was low. You should have a fuel pressure gauge on your truck anyway. Should the fuel pressure fall below 45psi for any reason, injector damage will result.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I doubt that you do. It isn't a part that is normally changed by a dealer as part of any repair, unless they tested the fuel pressure and it was low. You should have a fuel pressure gauge on your truck anyway. Should the fuel pressure fall below 45psi for any reason, injector damage will result.
I just got my truck last Saterday its an 04 so it could have it done by the last owner.

·
Registered
315 Posts
careful not to tighten down the torx bolts on the housing too much or you will strip the threads on the housing :eek:

after I fixed that nightmare, pressure went from 52 before to 74 after (idle)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts