Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my tranny rebuilt with all upgraded stuff and a tugger kit, 3rd shifts hard as hell depending on how I am on the throttle, wide open throttle it shifts good, very low throttle it shifts good but in between it shifts pretty hard. When the fluid is cold it also shifts pretty good, but like I said it is just 3rd, I took it to the tranny shop and they said all they could do to fix it is take the tugger kit out.....if i switch to full syn will it help? :dunno:

·
Registered
659 Posts
sound like you have some type of a viscosity problem if it shifts good cold it is more than likley because the oil is thicker i would try a syn and see if it helps i bet it will. i would also get a additive from BG.you can get it at napa it is called bg atc plus it is real good stuff.i know syn is usually thinner but way better i bet it will shift just fine.that is what i would start with

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have had the same work done and mine shifts great.

Either they didn't install the shift kit right or you have fluid issue.

Did they warrenty their work? If they did, I'd make them re-do it.

Just my :twocents:

·
Registered
167 Posts
what do you mean by tugger kit??

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I recently had my tranny rebuilt with all upgraded stuff and a tugger kit, 3rd shifts hard as hell depending on how I am on the throttle, wide open throttle it shifts good, very low throttle it shifts good but in between it shifts pretty hard. When the fluid is cold it also shifts pretty good, but like I said it is just 3rd, I took it to the tranny shop and they said all they could do to fix it is take the tugger kit out.....if i switch to full syn will it help? :dunno:
Or to save taking it out, the programming can be adjusted for the tugger kit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Or to save taking it out, the programming can be adjusted for the tugger kit.
That Should help too.

I would think that if it was built right then it should shift firm not hard. But I guess that is always up to interpitation.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tony burned my chip for the tugger kit I might just try and see if full syn will help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts