Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Moose injectors are only available through one guy, pm me if you want details. Lets just say they are almost double what DPS injectors are though, definatly spendy....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
not much.. but you will experience a huge difference in power when you add the turbo kit. my dad had a 90 7.3 idi and put the sidewinder kit on it and it was a night and day difference. so spending the money on it wont be a waste!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
not much.. but you will experience a huge difference in power when you add the turbo kit. my dad had a 90 7.3 idi and put the sidewinder kit on it and it was a night and day difference. so spending the money on it wont be a waste!!
yea im thinking putting a banks in mine. does he have any more modifications on his truck?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
nope that sidewinder kit and air intake was all he did and it made a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Not hatin' but would it be about the same cost to swap in a DIT 7.3 as to add all the aftermarket parts to the IDI?

I've been where you are before, and worked with what I had, and looking back on it (6.5 GMC) I could have swapped a lot of stuff in place of the 6.5 for the amount of money I ended up having tied up in it. And still wasn't up to snuff.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
i can say the banks kit will certainly wake up an old IDI, but if it were me, i'd try to find a used ATS kit off of a factory turbocharged IDI......

21 - 27 of 27 Posts