Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Parts alone for a FULL bulletproofing (loosely used term....don't want to get sued :rofl:) is right around 7-10k depending on how far you want to take it. Now I am talking FULL BPD everything (air to oil cooler, water pump, 7.3 fan setup, aluminum radiator), upgraded alternator (many companies), headstuds with o-ringed heads (and all associated gaskets), lifters (if you're in there that far already), ELC swap, upgraded FICM (BPD or FICMrepair.com) and injectors if you need them but they last if you keep your FICM/charging system happy. Upgraded parts are larger turbo and larger injectors (nice to haves).

I could be off on the price for parts but I did a lot of it over the years then I yanked the engine out to really get to the problems I developed.

Do you need to do all of what I mentioned? Absolutely not, but if you love your truck as much as I do and plan to keep it, then the answer is up to you.

If you can do the work then the savings is huge but the job is as well. To pay a shop would definitely put you into the 12-15k mark with all I mentioned.....but again it all depends on how far you want to take the repairs

Good Luck

1 - 1 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.