Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there Strokers im am new here to the org and I have a few questions. I just did my first mod to my truck with a 4" magnaflow turbo back exhaust and I am wondering what I should do next. I dont have much money and I want the most bang for my buck. So any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you and i cant wait for replies:dunno:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Hey there Strokers im am new here to the org and I have a few questions. I just did my first mod to my truck with a 4" magnaflow turbo back exhaust and I am wondering what I should do next. I dont have much money and I want the most bang for my buck. So any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you and i cant wait for replies:dunno:
Intake most definately. And in my opinion and a few others, S&B is the way to go. Welcome to the org!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that is has a Volant intake but i am not very happy with it and i have heard alot about the S&B

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I forgot to mention that is has a Volant intake but i am not very happy with it and i have heard alot about the S&B
Mine had a DIY, it looked good but performed like terd. This one is a TON better, I can see it, feel it, and HEAR it. Totally worth the money I think.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
I don't have any experience with the 6.0's but :welcome1::welcome1:

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
WELCOME to the site!!! Intake next and then gauges before chip.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whould I need anything else besides the guages for the sct programmer

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Whould I need anything else besides the guages for the sct programmer
Haven't you guys all said head studs are needed when you start modding a lot? Just checking for our new member.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what i was wondering bc i have read about arp studs to help with the heads

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Haven't you guys all said head studs are needed when you start modding a lot? Just checking for our new member.
Depending on the power he's goin for. Keeping that tranny safe is a good idea. Studs are a good idea, but not an absolute MUST until 400hp or so.

They are right, if you are gonna leave that intake, or do the S&B or any other one, you need gauges. I'd get those before anything.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
DOn't IN ANYWAY MEAN TO HIJACK, But I understand the 6.0 air box flows pretty darn good, If any of you saw a good/great improvment with an after market filter and box I would like to know. But I do agree with the gauge idea, There is nothing like getting a little more intimate with your baby, Plus it will help you in the future with additional mods.
And welcome to the org, You will find any question you have will not go unanswered.
Bryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I have noticed that thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am keeping my stock air box and filter for now. Supposedly there is no need for an aftermarket system for your truck unless you go over 500 rwhp. The stock filter is also capable of holding a huge amount of dirt/dust and it stops 99.95% of it. I spent my money on an exhaust, gauges, and an xcal3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts