Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy got one and says he rolls black smoke now at wot... Apparently its chepa, he is cheap lol, so its definitly not some fancy tuner or anything.... he has no gauges, egt etc.

Does this thing make more power or is his 5.9 06 Ram 3500 diesel still going to lose to my 06 Ford f350 6.0L? i think the dodges 4 gears just hinder them too much, my off the line from a light is like lightning compared to him lol

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
More fuel will make it smoke. If he is rolling smoke like your saying and is not running gauges. Don't worry because if he runs it hard he will be pushing it home. Or if your nice enough tow him home.

He is either running a tuner or some kind of chip on his truck. Also a Cummins by design smokes more then our trucks.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Painless is a electronic company. Google them. They started making wire harnesses.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More fuel will make it smoke. If he is rolling smoke like your saying and is not running gauges. Don't worry because if he runs it hard he will be pushing it home. Or if your nice enough tow him home.

He is either running a tuner or some kind of chip on his truck. Also a Cummins by design smokes more then our trucks.
yeah, i figured.. Only time ive seen my 6.0L smoke stock with the turbo back exhaust was pulling a 20k trailer overloaded with salt. I have no idea how much it weighed but had to weight much more than that... trailer holds ~12k since its over 8k empty and then i had at least 6k on the gooseneck tongue too.. ive never seen that truck work so hard with 4.30 gears on a drw f350 before, flooring it for 20-30 seconds from lights to get it rolling was smoking a little by 45mph.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Painless is a electronic company. Google them. They started making wire harnesses.
As advised I googled on Painless electronic company but lot of craps showed up on the page. It was like trying to pick up something valuable from a garbage can. Is it the one which got something to do with Ron?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts