Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what would be a good exhaust to get for my tuck.

The only thing is it must not be very much louder than stock as we use this truck for vacations and horse shows. I would most likely want a 4" because a tuner may be in the future :nod: .

How loud is the hushpower?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cheapest option is to do a Walker BTM muffler. It is a straight thru muffler which eliminates the restrictive stock muffler. So it gives you better flow, and I think it is pretty quiet. Pretty easy install as well. I bought mine for like $55 from Rockauto. This would be the cheapest option short of just straight piping it. But I actually found this option cheaper, and not as loud. Just one option for you without having to replace the whole system.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just put a BTM muffler on and couldn't be happier. It gives a deeper tone than the POS stock muffler, lowered my exhaust temps by a huge margin and the temp gauge on the dash now barely rises above the C. That and the DIY intake, zoodad mod alone has improved not only power but drivabiIity by 40-50%. If you're hauling horses I wouldn't do a muffler delete just to keep the noise/stress level down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just put a full 4" Magnaflow turbo back stainless exhaust system on my truck. I was surprised that it was not much if any louder than stock, I would say a deeper tone but not much louder. I paid $382 shipped on Amazon.com

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Walker BTM cost me $186.00 installed and welded. Unless you're planning on pumping up to Stage 2 mods, with a 6637 filter intake and zoodad mod, the BTM on a stock exhaust lets your engine breath plenty. The flow-through design makes for a straight pipe without the harsh noise.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Like the others said, BTM!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts