Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a intake kit for my 2000 and with all the different types out there i'm getting confused as to which is the best for the money. I have heard good things about the afe stage 2 but nothing great about any others.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I run the afe stage 2, but the diy "tymar" intake is another opition you use a napa filter i believe the part # is 6637. This is probally the best for the money it is very inexpensive. There is also the Ford AIS intake i think its about half the price of a afe stage 2

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Yep, DIY gets my vote as the best, especially for around $40 or less.
Here is mine with the Baldwin PA2818 filter and a PVC fitting;

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
DIY or AFE gets my vote

·
Registered
497 Posts
AFE Stage 2 here. I had the stage 1, then upgraded.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
AFE Stage 2 here. I had the stage 1, then upgraded.
Did you notice a big difference when you went stage 1 to stage two. Nice :poke: at CSIPSD in your sig too:hehe:

·
Registered
152 Posts
What about the S&B intake they advertise that it is a better filter then the AFE? who has tried the S&B?:dunno:

AFE= $375
S&B= $275

Eric

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Heres mine. Along the same lines as the DIY except mandrel bent 4" tube, and a AFE filter the same size as the 6637. The front of the cone is also open to get air from that hole in the fender as well.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have an S&B in the back seat... It looks great, and so far as to putting it together I am very happy with it. It seems top notch, not sure how it performs yet though. It's supposed to be like 99.5 filtration or something. Bang for the buck I'd recommend S&B, [email protected] probably would too :thumb:

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I run a home made tube with afe filter. my set up is identical to scheidt27s (I used red filter oil)

sorry pics are a little blurry.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
AFE Stage 2... One in mine, one in the wifes X...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just Put in the S&B, Ordered it right of off S&B website, custom engraving on the cover looks cool to, sounds real good and looks real good to. plus it isnt as pricey as the AFE's

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
S&B HERE AND I LOVE IT

·
Registered
91 Posts
does anyone have a writeup for the tymar DIY besides the 6637 filter what else is needed?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
S&B also with no complaints.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
can you get a part number for that filter you have cause i have basicly the same thing but my filter is about half that size and i want to go bigger

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i would also be interested if you have the part number or where you guys got these big filters mine is way smaller and i think i am being robbed

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
What about the S&B intake they advertise that it is a better filter then the AFE? who has tried the S&B?:dunno:

AFE= $375
S&B= $275

Eric
Ive got the NEW S&B and yes, it does filter better than the AFE, but the AFE gets about 10% more airflow. But for about half the price of an AFE, I'll take the 10% loss and get better filtration

1 - 20 of 45 Posts