Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright im tired of looking around and reading different specs/review. I want to buy a intake for my truck, but i read so many different reviews from people. Some intakes throw codes... some people dont even know notice any kind of difference whatsoever with power/mpg/sound... Some people say intake will void your warranty (which at this point i really dont care about the warranty anymore, im going to be doing the full dpf delete system/tuner as soon as Spartan has them availabe.. i dont mind waiting.) But what intake should i go with, I would like my turbos to be screaming and atleast feel a little bit of difference in power, and im hoping for better mpg but im not holding my breath (i already know i probably wont see that). So which one would be the best to go with...? I definetly dont want to see any codes thrown at all....! Thanks guys i appreciate your input...

·
Registered
35 Posts
What he said. I have and AFE and was told to remove it from the AFE factory due to the codes it throws. I'm on their list for an update on the product too. But that was March and now it is almost June. I broke down and bought an S&B, love the fit and finish, and no codes to date (installed 4 weeks ago-ish). If you want a use code thrower for 100$ I got one:)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I second the s&b intake

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I like my AFE....noticed more turbo sound and a slight mpg increase......cousin had the S&B....its a nice intake but you cannot hear the turbos at all compared to mine.

·
Registered
818 Posts
What he said. I have and AFE and was told to remove it from the AFE factory due to the codes it throws. I'm on their list for an update on the product too. But that was March and now it is almost June. I broke down and bought an S&B, love the fit and finish, and no codes to date (installed 4 weeks ago-ish). If you want a use code thrower for 100$ I got one:)
What filter you got on it?? Pro Dry>> Ive had mine on for months or so and no code.. BUt you have to run the PRO DRY NOT the Oiled ones!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I have the AFE with the Proguard 7 filter and torque tube. Been running it for about 3 weeks and no codes yet (knock on wood). Better turbo whistle than stock.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just stay FAR away from K&N.
Those filters are ok for some, but diesel engines require clean, clean, clean air to maintain their tight tolerances.
Run a cheap air cleaner for a year, and things start to loosen up, and you don't want that.
I had an aFe Pro Gurad 7 on my 6.0L. It did a good job.
I'm running an S&B now, and they claim to be the best filtering, high flow unit available.
No codes here..

If you order the S&B from the factory, they can personally engrave the cover at N/C if you are into that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What filter you got on it?? Pro Dry>> Ive had mine on for months or so and no code.. BUt you have to run the PRO DRY NOT the Oiled ones!:thumb:
Yes it's the blue one, non oily air filter. And it does make the turbo's sound way better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, I just posted last week on my S&B not throughing any codes in several thousand miles, and then friday i got a cel. I went to my dealer that afternoon, he checked the code and it was due to the DPF pressure out of parameter (which is from to much air at the mass air meter). He pulled the possible causes on the code and Ford has it listed as a possible aftermarket intake as one of the causes. He said that the computer has to wait for several things to be lined up at the same sequence and the computer scans the engine parameters. This is why it takes some trucks a long time to get a cel. Anyway, he reset mine and all is well. The truck ran fine, just the light on the dash was on. Overall i like the S&B very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts