Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to order a new air intake FRIDAY! Tell me what you have and what you like best about it. Im looking at K&N and S&B but have heard about some others but not sure who makes one for the obs trucks anymore. I always used K&N but and wanting to hear opinions as Im not set on one brand. I plan on putting a TW 6 position chip in the truck in a month or so and its straight piped but am going to do a 3" down pipe when I get the chance. Anyway let me know what you got and why you got it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
The Super Duty guys are always complaining about K&N filters dusting turbos because it lets in to much dirt. Given the option I'd get an S&B intake. I have an AirRaid intake and the filter was just junk, a friend gave me a free K&N filter and I'm running that with a prefilter that I already had.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i got an afe. always heard that they are the best. have never heard of any one complaining about these intakes. they do make them for obs. what ever type of intake you go with i would make sure you get a dry filter.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i run the afe stage 2 and love it. i had a s&b on my duracrap and it was also good. choose either one but do not get the k&n. it will dust your turbo/motor

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
got a s&b on mine and it is good

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im going to order a new air intake FRIDAY! Tell me what you have and what you like best about it. Im looking at K&N and S&B but have heard about some others but not sure who makes one for the obs trucks anymore. I always used K&N but and wanting to hear opinions as Im not set on one brand. I plan on putting a TW 6 position chip in the truck in a month or so and its straight piped but am going to do a 3" down pipe when I get the chance. Anyway let me know what you got and why you got it!
DIY like Tymar intake, using the 6637 filter cheap, effective, nice. NO NO K&N.

·
Registered
369 Posts
S&B on the 97. Nice intake. But I think I'm going to have clearance problems with IC piping. Not sure though.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
DIY 6637 here

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just did the 6637 and i'm happy with it for the eighty bucks it cost me to put together, most of my cost was the 4 in exhaust elbow that i probably could have done without

1 - 12 of 12 Posts