Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is kind of a shame that there haven't been any changes on the 2012's. Though I really appreciate my new truck here are a few things that I would like to see Ford address in the coming years. Print is too small on the Nav screen for me to read - especially things like the red numbers for elevation. Would like to be able to select city center as a destination without knowing an actual address. Poor head lights; don't like the fact that the back up camera finally displays the image on my Nav screen about the time I have backed out of the garage and am ready to put the truck into drive. When backing up to hook up equipment it would be easier to line the hitch up perfectly if the image would continue to display for a few moments after putting the truck in drive. I would like one less revolution on the steering wheel to go from lock to lock: high beam should require moving the signal light switch forward - low beam back. I don't know if the Ford engineers ever read these forums but just in case I thought it wouldn't hurt to put my order in.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Change the setup on your camera so it stays on till you reach 3 mph in drive.

I also agree that I can't read all of the nav screens, with out putting on my reading glasses. It would be nice if the screen would work like an iPhone where I could enlarge as needed. Also add the ability to add a 2nd or 3rd camera for back of trailers or hooking up a GN or 5ver.

Also, I'm looking for the next generation of Sync. Hopefully they will continue to improve the voice recognition.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think it is kind of a shame that there haven't been any changes on the 2012's. Though I really appreciate my new truck here are a few things that I would like to see Ford address in the coming years. Print is too small on the Nav screen for me to read - especially things like the red numbers for elevation. Would like to be able to select city center as a destination without knowing an actual address. Poor head lights; don't like the fact that the back up camera finally displays the image on my Nav screen about the time I have backed out of the garage and am ready to put the truck into drive. When backing up to hook up equipment it would be easier to line the hitch up perfectly if the image would continue to display for a few moments after putting the truck in drive. I would like one less revolution on the steering wheel to go from lock to lock: high beam should require moving the signal light switch forward - low beam back. I don't know if the Ford engineers ever read these forums but just in case I thought it wouldn't hurt to put my order in.

i wanna know how you get elevation, on your nav screen??? Share the info!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just go to your info screen, It shows your elevation along with GPS Coordinates.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Change the setup on your camera so it stays on till you reach 3 mph in drive.

I also agree that I can't read all of the nav screens, with out putting on my reading glasses. It would be nice if the screen would work like an iPhone where I could enlarge as needed. Also add the ability to add a 2nd or 3rd camera for back of trailers or hooking up a GN or 5ver.

Also, I'm looking for the next generation of Sync. Hopefully they will continue to improve the voice recognition.
Thanks for the tip - I am glad I complained, never noticed that "settings" button on the back up screen before. I might have gone years without ever knowing there was such a simple remedy. I wonder what would happen if you unplugged the truck's back up camera under the tailgate and plugged your rv camera into the wiring harness?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would also like better tilt steering wheel, like the dodge and chevy, actual tilt not slide.
The steering lock to lock is way to many turns, I feel like I'm in a dump truck trying to go around a cul-de-sac.
I would also REALLY like for them to upgrade our SYNC, not just on new cars.

One Thing I like is the cup holders, My old dodge (2004) had the best cup holders ever, but these are pretty close. It is a perfect fit for a Gatorade bottle upside down, just make sure you screw the lid on tight :wink[3]:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I like my truck, built by FMC...it is far superior to my 99, 06 and 09... It does not have the anti gravity device installed, and it does not ride like a duramax (I don't need geriatric cushions for my arse yet, I will get a duramax at that point), other than that, my 6.7 with almost 70,000 miles seems to be doing fine...I suppose substituting the steering wheel for a joystick, the windshield for a screen could be a kick...

oh well... I could just stay home and play video games instead of rolling in a pretty decent reality....

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Love my 6.7L! The only thing I can think of and hope Ford has addressed this-the doors on my 02 rusted early on at the bottoms and I always took good care of them so...we'll sea.:dunno:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd like to see stronger a/c, fixed transmission, more exterior/interior color choices. Better fuel mileage should come with the 8 spd transmission. Looking forward to the MY 2014 SD.

·
Registered
691 Posts
more exterior/interior color choices.
I'm with you on this! I would love a Blue Flame paint job with Solid Black interior :thumb:

It's just hard For me to believe,That Ford has a Color as sweet as Blue Flame and they want Put it on the F250/350 Trucks :dunno:

I Rode up in the dealers lot on the way home to Look at the Different Colors AGAIN :hehe: As I'm Not sure how many times i have Done this,That Blue Flame catch's my eye every time,It just really stands out and Looks Awesome to me :nod::icon_ford:

I like it so Much I'm thinking about holding Out for a while and seeing what Changes they make in the near future ....

The Steering wheel Improvement sounds dead on!
I would like one less revolution on the steering wheel
even though I don't have a New 6.7 yet ,I Know about How Less revolutions Can improve something like this,cause we did this to one of the heavy machines we have with hydraulic steering and it's Unreal How much Nicer it is to Operate :nod:

I Would Like to see the Regular Cab stretched about 4 More inch's,But i don't see it happening cause they will want to use one of the Frames they have and i don't see how you would get a bed on any of the standard frames,The math don't jive :hehe:

Both windows One touch up and Down :thumb:, Come on Ford its Year 2012 almost :dunno:

And i Can't figure out why they don't offer the LCD Screens in all Truck's,Man That would make a Regular cab Look even better interior wise :thumb:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I don't think I have ever had a vehicle that pulls the water back across the windshield like my driver side wiper does. annoying

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I don't think I have ever had a vehicle that pulls the water back across the windshield like my driver side wiper does. annoying
I know what you mean! My 2002 gasser did the same thing and I actually broke the wiper arm trying to fix in a moment of sheer frustration! Hoping my 6.7L wont follow the tradition and now someone has the same issue, Oh Brother here we go...:doh:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I would like to have a separate switch for the cargo light, instead of all the interior lights coming on at the same time. It's nice to have a light hooking up a gooseneck at night but with the interior lights coming on aswell, its hard to see in the box. Other than that, I hate how the mirrors collect water when washing then drip all down the side after drying it and it looks like poop

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would like to have a separate switch for the cargo light, instead of all the interior lights coming on at the same time. It's nice to have a light hooking up a gooseneck at night but with the interior lights coming on aswell, its hard to see in the box.
My GM Does this also :~( What The hell were they Thinking when they did that???

It's only good if your outside the truck! That was a Real Brain Fart by the auto makers!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
My GM Does this also :~( What The hell were they Thinking when they did that???

It's only good if your outside the truck! That was a Real Brain Fart by the auto makers!
If I'm understanding you guys, I also have this feature on my 2010 Buick Lacrosse and love it. I'm not really sure I miss it all that much in my truck because, well, It's my Truck!!!:icon_ford::woot:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Auto up and down on both front windows stood out to me on my last test drive. My wife's 2010 pilot has them and it is nice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If I'm understanding you guys, I also have this feature on my 2010 Buick Lacrosse and love it. I'm not really sure I miss it all that much in my truck because, well, It's my Truck!!!:icon_ford::woot:
I Think you Missed the Point :dunno:

To turn on the cargo light for the bed you have to have the interior lights on also :doh: The damn interior lights Blind you so you can't see whats in the bed ....

This only happens at night :hehe::icon_ford:

One or the other needs to be on ,Not Both :nod:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts