Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
GIT-R-DONE!!!:nod:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had my truck since May 20th.

Something else I've noticed today is don't use the wiper spray with the drivers window down. It will ALWAYS drip onto the mirror and seat controls. For whatever reason the passenger side does not do this.

I also went to the auto parts store to purchase a coolant testing kit to check the 9000 interval "Check Coolant Additive". Cost around 30 bucks for the kit.

I've also noticed I can't load more than one cd/dvd into my nav. My 2008 was very simple, for whatever reason I cannot get this one to take other discs no matter what buttons I push, and yes I am computer and stereo savvy. Anybody have some insight here?
My 6.0 & new 6.7 would have water come in on the driver side as well. I figure that is due to my 250# and the say 150# of diesel on the driver side of the truck.

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
I learned yesterday that if you have the truck in drive that you can hit the downshift button on the gear shift and lock out 6th gear. Basically the same as the old overdrive off button. Pretty cool I thought.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I learned yesterday that if you have the truck in drive that you can hit the downshift button on the gear shift and lock out 6th gear. Basically the same as the old overdrive off button. Pretty cool I thought.
It's cool right! Good job Ford on this one.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I learned My 6.7L really is Envied by Dodge and Chebby owners, they will actually look into an empty Dorritos bag before checking out my Truck...:haha:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I think having 7 or 8 coolers on board my Truck and knowing all there functions is straight up pretty cool. This 6.7L is Amazing...:nod::nod::nod:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I've learned that the tailgate step setup can hold a heck of a lot of wild boar blood that takes a while to get cleaned up

:poster::poster::poster:
Thats alot of Blood! Good Huntin':thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also interested in the DCFM, wasnt mentioned to my wife when she bought the truck. Would like to relay that info back to her, would hate to come back to a broke truck.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Also interested in the DCFM, wasnt mentioned to my wife when she bought the truck. Would like to relay that info back to her, would hate to come back to a broke truck.
Very important! Read as much in your diesel engine supplement guide. If you need some help ask away...:nod::thumb:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I learned today that after a coolant drain, check levels 24 hours later and refill as needed. Heater element installed yesterday and today added coolant to bring back to normal levels.:nod::thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
CD Recordings!

I've had my truck since May 20th.

Something else I've noticed today is don't use the wiper spray with the drivers window down. It will ALWAYS drip onto the mirror and seat controls. For whatever reason the passenger side does not do this.

I also went to the auto parts store to purchase a coolant testing kit to check the 9000 interval "Check Coolant Additive". Cost around 30 bucks for the kit.

I've also noticed I can't load more than one cd/dvd into my nav. My 2008 was very simple, for whatever reason I cannot get this one to take other discs no matter what buttons I push, and yes I am computer and stereo savvy. Anybody have some insight here?

=======================================
You can't load more than one CD with Nav installed, because Ford provided you with the means to record up to 10 CD's onto your Stereo Hard Disk for future use.. This feature works great....
Djc
:icon_ford:

·
Registered
657 Posts
It gets even better - try hitting the downshift a couple more times.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
"Were already at Warp 11 Captain,She can't take much More"

:hehe::joke::icon_ford::thumb:
Some Peoples Kids!:hehe:

BTW, this thread, what have you learned about YOUR 6.7L the key word is "your" :wink[3]:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Today I learned that My 6.7L prefers much more to be warm at start up. She started right up but a tad sluggish after stepin' on the throttle pulling away from house. After a few Minutes, she pulled hard every time I put my foot into it! Who likes to be cold right...:dunno:Not my Baby!!!:woot::nod:

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Today I learned that My 6.7L prefers much more to be warm at start up. She started right up but a tad sluggish after stepin' on the throttle pulling away from house. After a few Minutes, she pulled hard every time I put my foot into it! Who likes to be cold right...:dunno:Not my Baby!!!:woot::nod:
Thats odd, mines never done that. Yours must be the prissy model. :nana:

41 - 60 of 3425 Posts