Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3425 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,169 Posts
Drain my DFCM? what and where is that.? anything else to drain?
They are talking about the water separator. It is under the drivers side of the cab. Yellow knob. It's in the owner manual. Suppose to drain it once a month per Ford. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
oops 45k and have not done it yet. maybe i better tomorrow

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
oops 45k and have not done it yet. maybe i better tomorrow
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have to worry about that anymore do you? with all the deletes you've done to your truck.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Matty21: Have you never changed your fuel filters? I would hope so with 45K on it. Ford recommends every 20,000 or so, I change mine every 10 and they are always filthy. Here's a pic of the last change, the filter from the DFCM with only 10k on it. By the way, I always by my fuel from the same high diesel traffic station.

I also learned that if you don't tighten the DFCM all they way until it hit's the stops then you get a very noisy fuel pump as well as Low Fuel Pressure warnings that throw code P008A. It's not a CEL but the code does need to be cleared with a tuner or at the stealer or it will go into limp mode. I always worry about overtightening the DFCM filter housing but I learned that it's not possible.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Matty21: Have you never changed your fuel filters? I would hope so with 45K on it. Ford recommends every 20,000 or so, I change mine every 10 and they are always filthy. Here's a pic of the last change, the filter from the DFCM with only 10k on it. By the way, I always by my fuel from the same high diesel traffic station.

I also learned that if you don't tighten the DFCM all they way until it hit's the stops then you get a very noisy fuel pump as well as Low Fuel Pressure warnings that throw code P008A. It's not a CEL but the code does need to be cleared with a tuner or at the stealer or it will go into limp mode. I always worry about overtightening the DFCM filter housing but I learned that it's not possible.
Great info to know, ya I did the fuel filter at 25000 but not since

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Thats my Plan also, everey 10K. I do use PD-R from CountryMark but I will still rest easy If I do it that often. I also drain my DFCM every 2-3 weeks...Just sayin'

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have learned by watching others that you MUST tighten the DFCM all the way after installing New Filter Until it stops or this could be a Pain in the A$$!:doh:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've learned that when i'm down the road in my 2011, it's very hard for a guy in a Chebby or a Ram to make eye contact with me:dunno:

I don't feel the love.........just sayin :hehe:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've learned that when i'm down the road in my 2011, it's very hard for a guy in a Chebby or a Ram to make eye contact with me:dunno:

It's Contagious! Around these Parts (Western Ohio) it's DEF a Ford Vs. Chevy Debate.:icon_ford:

·
Super Moderator
2,169 Posts

It hard to show love when you are green with envy. :hehe:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
41 Posts
I learned that Ford > Dodge > Chevy.

Found
On
Redneck
Driveways

Found
Off-road
Recovering
Dodges

Can
Hear
Every
Valve
Rattle
On
Long
Exhausting
Trips

I don't have a 6.7 yet but after doing research (plenty of time out here in Afghanistan); I found out Ford > Chuck Norris!

·
Registered
130 Posts
So how long have you had your truck?:dunno:
I've had my truck since May 20th.

Something else I've noticed today is don't use the wiper spray with the drivers window down. It will ALWAYS drip onto the mirror and seat controls. For whatever reason the passenger side does not do this.

I also went to the auto parts store to purchase a coolant testing kit to check the 9000 interval "Check Coolant Additive". Cost around 30 bucks for the kit.

I've also noticed I can't load more than one cd/dvd into my nav. My 2008 was very simple, for whatever reason I cannot get this one to take other discs no matter what buttons I push, and yes I am computer and stereo savvy. Anybody have some insight here?

·
Super Moderator
2,169 Posts
I've had my truck since May 20th.

Something else I've noticed today is don't use the wiper spray with the drivers window down. It will ALWAYS drip onto the mirror and seat controls. For whatever reason the passenger side does not do this.

I also went to the auto parts store to purchase a coolant testing kit to check the 9000 interval "Check Coolant Additive". Cost around 30 bucks for the kit.

I've also noticed I can't load more than one cd/dvd into my nav. My 2008 was very simple, for whatever reason I cannot get this one to take other discs no matter what buttons I push, and yes I am computer and stereo savvy. Anybody have some insight here?
Haven't loaded the first CD in mine. Now I'm gonna have to go try. :hehe:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I learned that Ford > Dodge > Chevy.

Found
On
Redneck
Driveways

Found
Off-road
Recovering
Dodges

Can
Hear
Every
Valve
Rattle
On
Long
Exhausting
Trips

I don't have a 6.7 yet but after doing research (plenty of time out here in Afghanistan); I found out Ford > Chuck Norris!
How about

F orget
O out
R unning
D ale LOL

Or

F ix
O r
R epair
D aily :hehe:

F orking
O ld
R ebuilt
D odge :hehe::hehe:

It's all Just Humor :hehe: Depends on which side of the fence your on!

I love something each of the BIG three make :thumb: So it's all Good to me,I go by the numbers such as torque and Horse power! and of course dependability!!!

This is a Fun Thread :rofl: :nod::hehe::thumb:

Can't wait to get my new F350 It's gonna be the Baddest Rig on the Road! :thumb:

Cause it Will be Mine :) and My Shet Rules :hehe:

I found out Ford > Chuck Norris![/
You Been over there to Long ??? Chuck Norris = Dodge and before that it was a Chebby where the hell you get Ford= Chuck Norris :dunno:

Even though it's past time for Chuck to step up to the Plate :hehe::thumb:

Do you realize how many bad guys Chuck could catch Just standing around the Urea/DEF pump :hehe:

·
Registered
41 Posts
haha Never had a problem with my dad's 91 F150 150k miles straight-6 original clutch. I love Fords.
I've been here for 6 months now - coming home for halloween for a bit of R&R - then right back to this place for a minimal of 5 years (if contracting keeps going)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've learned, after coating the garage floor in oil, that I don't like the placement of the drain plug. :doh: :tard: :doh: :tard: :doh: :tard:

Think I need a new drain pan so that I don't have to try and 'chase' the stream as the oil empties.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've learned, after coating the garage floor in oil, that I don't like the placement of the drain plug. :doh: :tard: :doh: :tard: :doh: :tard:

Think I need a new drain pan so that I don't have to try and 'chase' the stream as the oil empties.
They have a Fix for that! :thumb:

Do a search if you want the info.....This is the fix is was talking about not the one were the Guy Wires the durn Plug :doh:

I Must be the only Red Neck without a garage :( I still drive throught the ditch Stopping with the deepest part of the ditch at the Oil pan area :thumb:

I can almost Sit up and drink a beer while changen the Oil :nod::thumb:

21 - 40 of 3425 Posts