Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3425 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really into this New Engine! The other day While I was Driving, my eye caught a flicker in my Message center, I looked just in time to sea my Truck doing a Regen! man that was very fast notice! If you Blink your gonna miss it! I'm not sure when this happens so it's a matter of chance if you sea it. :dunno:
Anyway, I'd like to hear from some other folks what they have learned so far about there 6.7L so Post up and share the Knowledge.:thumb:

BTW, at 1400 mi. I added about a Gallon of DEF. I'm @ 1800 now and Drain my DFCM about once every 2-3 weeks, it's more of a personal thing.:nod:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine seems to regen about every 200 miles. During regen I noticed the instead MPG drop from 17-19 down to 12 while cruising down the interstate. This happens for about 10 minutes. I get about 5000 miles per DEF fill up. I haven't drained anything yet.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine seems to regen about every 200 miles. During regen I noticed the instead MPG drop from 17-19 down to 12 while cruising down the interstate. This happens for about 10 minutes. I get about 5000 miles per DEF fill up. I haven't drained anything yet.
So how long have you had your truck?:dunno:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine follows exactly the same pattern. No draining either. 17236 miles.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
314 Posts
Drain the lower filter guys....should be a monthly thing....takes only 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
79 Views and only like 6 replies???:dunno:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK then, what have you learned about your 6.7L period?:thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where do you buy your diesel from?:dunno:
I buy mine from stations that have a lot of diesel traffic. Mainly land scaping companies and HVAC trucks. BP, Sunoco, Shell, etc. When I lived up in VA I noticed that I would get that water in fuel light when I went to stations with little diesel traffic. Specifically when the would switch to that winter blend stuff. The 6.0 is a pain in the *** and you will get fuel all over you.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm using CountryMark and the Truck Loves it! Goos MPG's, Quick starts on cold mornin's, and she Purrrs like a Kitten...:thumb:

·
Registered
691 Posts
What i learned about Your truck Today was,if i wanted to see when it was doing a regen,i could Install a Egde,with the What was it CTS ? or something like that and actually see when the Truck was regening :~) Sweet i Thought ... read that in diesel world mag i Think Nice Write up about the edge....

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True, I may look into this. Probably not though as I may get to distracted.:doh:

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
I've noticed that when I fill up my truck, when the pump shuts itself off, it's full. It will sometimes overflow even if I just try to round it off to the next even dollar. I can see the fuel at the top of the filler neck. My 6.0 I could usually put another $8-10.00 worth in it. I kind of like it like this though.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've noticed that when I fill up my truck, when the pump shuts itself off, it's full. It will sometimes overflow even if I just try to round it off to the next even dollar. I can see the fuel at the top of the filler neck. My 6.0 I could usually put another $8-10.00 worth in it. I kind of like it like this though.
I can never get it to stop on the even amount. I've never topped off any of my vehicles fuel tanks...Just sayin'

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
I'm really into this New Engine! The other day While I was Driving, my eye caught a flicker in my Message center, I looked just in time to sea my Truck doing a Regen! man that was very fast notice! If you Blink your gonna miss it! I'm not sure when this happens so it's a matter of chance if you sea it. :dunno:
Anyway, I'd like to hear from some other folks what they have learned so far about there 6.7L so Post up and share the Knowledge.:thumb:

BTW, at 1400 mi. I added about a Gallon of DEF. I'm @ 1800 now and Drain my DFCM about once every 2-3 weeks, it's more of a personal thing.:nod:
Each model of Powerstroke has their own chat thread. I'm going to start a 6.7 chat. Then we will have a place to discuss everything about these trucks.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Each model of Powerstroke has their own chat thread. I'm going to start a 6.7 chat. Then we will have a place to discuss everything about these trucks.
Toates, I'm In!:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,169 Posts
I love that about my 6.7. My 6.4 was a pain in the arse. It would foam up and take forever to drain down. I was going to do the vent fix on it before I sold it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Drain my DFCM? what and where is that.? anything else to drain?

1 - 20 of 3425 Posts