Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Black Maxx and Mini Maxx are getting pretty popular in the 6.4 world. What engine/trans tune do y'all prefer and have the best luck with? I am currently running the Hot Damn with race shift and 50 mph TC lock-up. :thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am running hot damn with 55mph tc lockup.

·
shhhhh, can you hear it?
2,236 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
145 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do you guys truck shift when and how it is supposed to, no matter what setting i put mine on it shifts 7 mph later than it is supposed to. i now have it set on 55 mph Firm shift and it shifts at 62 mph, also sometimes it will shift and lock at 52 and then unlock and shift and lock at 62.

·
Registered
23 Posts
im running the mild program and 45mph lock up and firm tranny settings. I tried the race tranny settings and it was way to harsh for my liking. i wish they would make something int he middle and not raise line pressure so much. my suggestion would be to add a little line pressure and remove torque reduction all together. thats the way we did it on my old lightning and it was perfect. i know its not the same trans but its based onthe same principles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been running with the mini maxx for 2 months now. I switch between the 175 and 250 HP tunes with the firm transmission tune. The 175 seems to be the smoothest running tune and I am averaging 15 mpg with both tunes.

·
shhhhh, can you hear it?
2,236 Posts
Do you guys truck shift when and how it is supposed to, no matter what setting i put mine on it shifts 7 mph later than it is supposed to. i now have it set on 55 mph Firm shift and it shifts at 62 mph, also sometimes it will shift and lock at 52 and then unlock and shift and lock at 62.
not to be a dick but....
this is a what tune you are running thread not a how is your truck doing on h&s tunes thread......contact them they will probably be able to help you.

im running the mild program and 45mph lock up and firm tranny settings. I tried the race tranny settings and it was way to harsh for my liking. i wish they would make something int he middle and not raise line pressure so much. my suggestion would be to add a little line pressure and remove torque reduction all together. thats the way we did it on my old lightning and it was perfect. i know its not the same trans but its based onthe same principles.
again contact them,they offer free custom tunes.:thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
What tunes are you guys towing with the H&S? How is the EGTs and tranny while towing? I am looking between Spartan and H&S when I get a 6.4(used) later this year. Of course with DPF delete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts