Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I acquired these in a trade with another member here on the forum, he purchased from ebay sometime ago. I love em. But, the passenger rear one was ripped off when a retread from a semi decided to rip down the side of my truck, I need to find the brand so I can order me a new one. I used to think they were Bushwacker, but looking at their website, etc they don't seem to have the same contours as these flares do, I have found the following brands that make these 'pocket style' flares. Bushwacker, Prestige, and EGR, but either they don't look the same or they do not have a pic of the Ford Super Duty Flares on their sites. Any help tracking these down would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
they look like bushwacker flares, maybe just a generic knock off ebay brand

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they look like bushwacker flares, maybe just a generic knock off ebay brand
only problem is bushwackers don't have the contour these do. the area i am referring to I circled below. all the pics of bushwackers i see dont look like this

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
ahhh i see what your talking about. honestly i dont know much about flares. i will say though that they flow really well with your truck. im not into the whole flare thing but i like how you painted them to match like that

i think if your front bumper plastic piece there was painted the tan color it would really set it off. it would just flow right into it with the tan

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
these are my bushwackers they have the same contour but not the spots where is looks like screws around it

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so maybe the buskwacker pocket flares do have the contours. the pics I have seen done seem to have them. thx for the pic

·
Registered
618 Posts
might be a dumb question, but have you taken one of the other ones off to see if there is a brand on the inside?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might be a dumb question, but have you taken one of the other ones off to see if there is a brand on the inside?
when I first got them I did, there was a number written in yellow grease pencil or something similar, maybe paint. no match when googling the number though :dunno:

·
Registered
426 Posts
i had a friend order a set of bushwackers and his arnt even close to those maybe they did them for superdutys?? when you find out man let me know i wanna set

·
Registered
269 Posts
those are EGR flares.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
They look good. Thats for sure. I like the conture lines!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those are EGR flares.
I was wondering if they may be as those are the only ones I don't have a good pic of. thanks for the info, now to track down a pic to confirm. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
y, I am trying to find a pic of someone who may just happen to list em as installed on a truck :dunno: or find a dealer somewhere local that may have more pics, etc

·
Registered
618 Posts
you might send a email to them and see if they will send you a pic of one on a ford, also might be able to purchase one flare instead of a set.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you might send a email to them and see if they will send you a pic of one on a ford, also might be able to purchase one flare instead of a set.
I can't even find info on the company. Google EGR fender flares only returns companies that sell them. :dunno: anyone have any info on the company itself?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, so I finally found which flares I have on my truck. They are the Stampede RuffRiderz flares. They come in all camo patterns or black. So all that were looking for them here is a link

Fender Flares | Stampede Products

if you look closely at the Ford, you can see the contour on the flare. No other pocket style, bolt-on style flares have the contours.

here is a pic from the site

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
my pocketstyle bushwacker have that contour.... i have 2 sets here so I think I know a little bit.... but on a different note... I know you had these already so its no big deal... but to anyone who is buying flares, bushwacker is truely the only way to go, they are stronger than other brand, and they fit tits on... while other brands sometimes arent perfect, buskwacker is perfect everytime... well worth the couple dollars more than the knock-offs out there.... i have 4 trucks running bushwackers and I refuse to run any other brand

1 - 20 of 28 Posts