Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm doing my head gaskets again... Since the cab will be off and things are much more accessible, can anyone give me a list of replace and upgrade parts I should do? Now last time I did do some things, but I just want the opinion of the never let me down yet guys here on the site. Also if you have a gasket opinion let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Yup, oem head gaskets, replace the oil cooler, STC fitting if needed, dummy plugs and stand pipes. Good time to do the serpentine belt too.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,083 Posts
In addition to what Mitch said: BPD EGR cooler (or delete), turbo drain tube upgrade, install a fuel pressure gauge (probably could use the blue fuel pressure regulator spring also), and a coolant filter.

The glow plug connectors break when messed with - plan on changing the harnesses.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Well... we need to know what year truck this is, and what is already done.

I'm doing my 06 real soon, he's a short list I threw together yesterday.... My list may vary since I will be using the 18mm heads on my 06 which more than likely has 20mm heads on it currently. I'm doing this because I have a spare set of 18mm heads available for me to use, so it's less down time on the truck and less time tying up the lift. I will throw the 18mm on as soon as my 20mm come off and I'm ready for reassembly.

OEM headgaskets (18mm) 4C3Z-6051-EB
Exhaust manifold gaskets 6C3Z-9448-A
Kit for Dummyplug's and Stand pipes 6E7Z-9A332-B
updated STC fitting 4C3Z-9B246-F
20mm to 18mm dowel kit 6C3Z-6B041-B
Restore (1 gal)
oil cooler rebuild kit 3C3Z-6A642-CA (just the simple rebuild kit, not the whole deal)
3C3Z-6A642-BB (this is the PN for the entire kit, housing, cooler)
HPOP screen (oil cooler kit comes with this)
IPR screen
Upgrade turbo oil supply line 3C3Z-9T516-A

I've already got the ARP's and the ultra torque assembly lube.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My truck is a 05. I've done the oil cooler rebuild, stand pipes, turbo drain line and egr delete. This is probably a dumb question but... What is dummy plugs?

·
7,083 Posts
I cheated and checked on his profile before answering and it appears to be a 2005 year model - (edit - he beat me to it)!

mdub707,

If I am not mistaken, don't you already get an updated standpipe with each OEM head gasket kit ordered (referenced to your part number 4C3Z-6051-EB)?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The part number for the gaskets I posted is JUST for gaskets, not the whole kit. The whole kit is a different part number...

18mm dowels full headgasket kit: 3C3Z-6051-CA
20mm dowels full headgasket kit: 6C3Z-6051-AA

·
7,083 Posts
The part number for the gaskets I posted is JUST for gaskets, not the whole kit. The whole kit is a different part number...

18mm dowels full headgasket kit: 3C3Z-6051-CA
20mm dowels full headgasket kit: 6C3Z-6051-AA
The attached link shows a chart from Ford that references the 4C3Z-6051-EA part number w/ a kit that includes the standpipe and bolts (see asterisk and note at the bottom). Tousley shows that the EA was updated to EB. Can't imagine that the update from EA to EB would delete the kit components, but who knows .... :dunno:

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - bismic's Album: Miscellaneous - Picture

The base number for the ENTIRE kit (includes both head gaskets, etc) is "6079"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts