Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
seen 1517 once

The egr delete block off plate sits directly over the first exhaust valve so there couold be no hotter reading. The egt folks using PID/cts with egr in tact is the first factory probe which is about 4-5” after the exhaust manifold in the tube on way to turbo. So I’d imagine there is significant temp drop versus the egr block plate. Maybe 100 or so? I dunno. Would be good if people post and we compare. I’m not real worried about peak temp in high 1400s if only very momentarily reading from block off plate.

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,723 Posts
Don't have a 6.7, just subscribing as i'm curious to see how the newer trucks are running.

·
Read Only
36 Posts
Towing, 1100-1300 pulling a grade. Downshift and you can keep the temperatures sane. Highway, 700-900. Shutdown, 360 or lower. Sometimes it takes a few minutes of idling to get down to 360. 0HP tune. I’m not into drag racing my expensive truck. I like mpg and want it to last me until I die.

·
Premium Member
11,647 Posts
I'm just using the EGR outlet sensor in my block off. It's been a while since I really looked at the EGTs though. IIRC, cruising on position 3 (SOTF tune and switch) 600-800°. Towing 8k on relatively flat roads, 900-1100° in OD. Both of those at 70-80 mph. I've seen 1400° a few times, but I have not really towed heavy, nor pulled a lot of steep, long grades.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just installed EZ with emission friendly tuning and was seeing 690-710 on the highway running 72mph. On the way home I was running the same and egt's were 1200+ on the highway and in the city as well as lights. It was in Regen according to the dpf soot pid but I didn't realize they dumped that much fuel. What a waste of fuel and high egt's during it's cycle.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I’ve heard even higher temps from regens. What prob are you taking reading from?

With the prob in block off plate, now I have tried 0, 30, and 75. Gdp has 150 and 200 as well but they will never meet my truck. Anyway stock highest 1200, tow-30 - 1400, and 1450-1500 on the 75. These highest temps were seen going up hill about 60 then going WOT and downshift from 6 to 5th then egts would climb to a the max reading. So pretty much in line with all the other diesels I’ve owned. I had another tuner tell me the 6.7 can take a lot more egts but I don’t see any reason to try hotter tunes. The 75 will roast 37s with any more than 1/2 throttle aggressively applied! I’m sticking with the 30 hp

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am just watching egt 1 and egt 2 on the EZ Link off my phone. I work with a guy that has a tuned, lighter weight 19-450 and smoked cylinder 8 pulling a large trailer up a 8% grade running 80. He said he was running the 75hp tune and wasn't watching egt's. I will ask if he has any idea how high they got. Empty mine is running great on just heavy tow tune, but will be getting the sotf installed soon. I will not be towing for some time but will post what I see when I do.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am just watching egt 1 and egt 2 on the EZ Link off my phone. I work with a guy that has a tuned, lighter weight 19-450 and smoked cylinder 8 pulling a large trailer up a 8% grade running 80. He said he was running the 75hp tune and wasn't watching egt's. I will ask if he has any idea how high they got. Empty mine is running great on just heavy tow tune, but will be getting the sotf installed soon. I will not be towing for some time but will post what I see when I do.
Oh my. I don’t think anyone Should run a tune without monitoring egt, yikes. How’s his local dealer treating him on that? That sucks. Towing 300+ miles in gdp 30 it was downshifting in its own around 1275 which is great. And one time i was maxed on power (pedal to floor) in 5th climbing and the egts were steady at 1300. Any more than 30 tune those numbers would be higher. I climb some grades with heavy trainers so having the tune self limit I’d preferable. Trailer this weekend was only 22k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts