Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I would have found this site BEFORE I bought the truck. :doh: Just got my Oasis (Thanks Dave). Not sure what to make of this. Any Techs got time to decipher?

T/F7 F T/BC T/BD T/E A1 T/BE T/QL 29-JAN-2007 28-MAR-2007 124016 USA 19 1H03 030804 8C3Z 9F464 D N12 01 45758
AWS Claim Key: 2260916 Trx Code: S07 Labor Hrs: 32.2
Dlr Cd-Sub Cd: 02839 - * Name: COASTAL FORD Ph: 251-3444000 St:AL Ctry Cd: USA Reg Cd: NA Repr Date:15-OCT-2008 Doc #:05155558
Cust Comments: CUSTOMER STATES ENGINE MAKING A NOISE
Tech Comments: CK ENGINE NOISE & SMOKING,PRESURE TEST COOLING SYSTEM NOT HOLDING PRESURE,RUN COMPRESSITION LOW ON # 8 CYL,REMOVE CAB 4 DOOR,REPLACE SHORT BLOCK CYL SCORED M TIME 3.6 FOR CUTTING & REMOVING CAGE NUTS AND CAB BOLTS

I understand low comp. #8, and cab off. What does "replace short block" mean?
I appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Wish I would have found this site BEFORE I bought the truck. :doh: Just got my Oasis (Thanks Dave). Not sure what to make of this. Any Techs got time to decipher?

T/F7 F T/BC T/BD T/E A1 T/BE T/QL 29-JAN-2007 28-MAR-2007 124016 USA 19 1H03 030804 8C3Z 9F464 D N12 01 45758
AWS Claim Key: 2260916 Trx Code: S07 Labor Hrs: 32.2
Dlr Cd-Sub Cd: 02839 - * Name: COASTAL FORD Ph: 251-3444000 St:AL Ctry Cd: USA Reg Cd: NA Repr Date:15-OCT-2008 Doc #:05155558
Cust Comments: CUSTOMER STATES ENGINE MAKING A NOISE
Tech Comments: CK ENGINE NOISE & SMOKING,PRESURE TEST COOLING SYSTEM NOT HOLDING PRESURE,RUN COMPRESSITION LOW ON # 8 CYL,REMOVE CAB 4 DOOR,REPLACE SHORT BLOCK CYL SCORED M TIME 3.6 FOR CUTTING & REMOVING CAGE NUTS AND CAB BOLTS

I understand low comp. #8, and cab off. What does "replace short block" mean?
I appreciate any help.

That means you have a remanufactured engine in there

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That's the only thing I could think of. Was really hoping that wasn't the case. Shame is, I've bought several vehicles from this dealership, and referred several cust. to them. I guess they're in the money making business not friend making. Seems like they would be required to tell if the engine had been replaced.:dunno: And how would that affect the warranty? Different warr on this motor?:confused:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
That's the only thing I could think of. Was really hoping that wasn't the case. Shame is, I've bought several vehicles from this dealership, and referred several cust. to them. I guess they're in the money making business not friend making. Seems like they would be required to tell if the engine had been replaced.:dunno: And how would that affect the warranty? Different warr on this motor?:confused:
There may be a different warranty on the engine there may not be. Let me recheck that quick:thumb:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
There may be a different warranty on the engine there may not be. Let me recheck that quick:thumb:
Oasis doesnt tell me that info. Check with the dealer

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oasis doesnt tell me that info. Check with the dealer
Thanks again, Dave. I'll ask them.

I was under the impression that dealers fell under a "full disclosure" law when it came to things as serious as engine replacement. Then again, title has to be clean, or the bank would have balked on the loan.:dunno: Any guardhouse lawyers around that know about these sorts of things?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Thanks again, Dave. I'll ask them.

I was under the impression that dealers fell under a "full disclosure" law when it came to things as serious as engine replacement. Then again, title has to be clean, or the bank would have balked on the loan.:dunno: Any guardhouse lawyers around that know about these sorts of things?
Nope not regarding engine replacement or things like that. Thats only for salvage titles and the like

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
i would think that if the authorized dealer replaced the engine, with a reman, it should still hold the original warranty for the truck, and hold a modified ( maybe extended ) warranty for the motor. or maybe they just kept it under the original 5 yr 100K warranty.. talk to the dealer to make sure your covered..

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would think that if the authorized dealer replaced the engine, with a reman, it should still hold the original warranty for the truck, and hold a modified ( maybe extended ) warranty for the motor. or maybe they just kept it under the original 5 yr 100K warranty.. talk to the dealer to make sure your covered..

Thats really what I was asking. If there would be an extention for the motor warranty. I'll have to find out from them.

I certainly plan on talking to the dealer. Loudly. And in short, four letter bursts.:Rant:

·
Registered
209 Posts
What's up Sam? That bites about the OASIS! Did you buy the truck locally? I should probably get an OASIS on mine as well. Like you, I wish had known about the OASIS before a purchased my truck. What color is your truck? I've seen some black and some silver 08's running up and down HWY 16.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's up Sam? That bites about the OASIS! Did you buy the truck locally? I should probably get an OASIS on mine as well. Like you, I wish had known about the OASIS before a purchased my truck. What color is your truck? I've seen some black and some silver 08's running up and down HWY 16.

Hey Big O. Yeah, I purchased local. Won't throw the name out on the forum tho. (Even as irritated as I am with them) The .org doesn't like us to do that.

My truck is blue, but, I don't run 16 a whole lot. I work in Geismar, so most of the time I go through Walker. Definately get an oasis. You may learn things you didnt want to know.:wink[3]:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Big O. Yeah, I purchased local. Won't throw the name out on the forum tho. (Even as irritated as I am with them) The .org doesn't like us to do that.

My truck is blue, but, I don't run 16 a whole lot. I work in Geismar, so most of the time I go through Walker. Definately get an oasis. You may learn things you didnt want to know.:wink[3]:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. The UNKNOWN!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. The UNKNOWN!
I didnt want to know, but needed to. If something happened later on, I would have looked like a jackazz if whoever had to tell me that was a reman engine in my truck.

Won't be too hard to recognize my truck when I get those powerstroke.org stickers on it. (when they get here):thumb:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Is there a way to find out how many miles the truck had on it when they replaced the engine?:dunno:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Won't be too hard to recognize my truck when I get those powerstroke.org stickers on it. (when they get here):thumb:
Yeah, I should have some stickers on the way also :thumb:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Dave. Makes sense. He traded it in right after engine swap. Had 48xxx when I bought it. Can see it in a good light, I basically have a brand new psd.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Thanks Dave. Makes sense. He traded it in right after engine swap. Had 48xxx when I bought it. Can see it in a good light, I basically have a brand new psd.
Thats the way I would look at it! You get a brand new engine! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The short block is only the block assembly. The heads and other parts are reused. They must have done something to scar number 8. It's a good thing it didn't come with the bad block.

Probably kept running it with a problem.

You can't keep running the truck with a problem. Seems a lot of people do though.:dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts