Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 7853 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Thanks:thumb: went campin up on the grand mesa. Pretty damn cold still lots of snow but not too crowded. Went up by mesa lakes and got my line wet.
Along with everything else :hehe:
Cool, I figured it would be cold. Still a lot of snow in the hills making for a COLD night :nod:. We're hoping to got more camping trips in this summer than our usual 1-2 trips :doh:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Saw this rig going down the road the other day. A 7.3 dually pulling (2) crew cab dudges one's a dually.

·
Banned
3,782 Posts
I got a better picture of what I will be towing.

We used to have an identical trailer, with power jack, custom paint job, everything, but my grandpa decided it would be a good idea to hit a lightpole in downtown seattle with it...

We also have a 25 ft flatbed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I haven't towed much, but this was a trip we took this last winter -- escaped the cold for some good Motocross riding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know this is a bit of a hi-jack and i am very sorry but when i bought my truck it had no tow hitch on it, I have a six inch lift so i figure i will need a drop hitch, any clue as to where i can buy one?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Small ego!

I am not sure what it will weigh when its full but it weighs almost 10k empty!
Looks to me you need to put a front hitch on your truck then a platform with ice chests full of beer to add weight out in front of the front axle for stability and to get the front end back on the ground. Beer is great as ballast, been using it as such for decades......touble is some of it has stuck around my waste

W

·
0 Posts
Looks to me you need to put a front hitch on your truck then a platform with ice chests full of beer to add weight out in front of the front axle for stability and to get the front end back on the ground. Beer is great as ballast, been using it as such for decades......touble is some of it has stuck around my waste
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just a little camp trailer

My truck tugs this behemoth whenever the family needs to get away. It is 40'L 8'6"W 13'6"H and loaded weighs 18,000lbs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeah it's great, it holds my 2 off-road buggies, Yamaha Warrior, KX450f, 2 dog kennel and my little girls Barbie Jeep. Plus you can still access the kitchen, bath and bedroom with it loaded, then unloaded it will sleep 8 in beds and 20 or so on the floor

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
My truck tugs this behemoth whenever the family needs to get away. It is 40'L 8'6"W 13'6"H and loaded weighs 18,000lbs.

You ever haul that thing over any passes here in CO? Hows that 7.3 pull that bohemith?

1001 - 1020 of 7853 Posts