Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7841 - 7853 of 7853 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I knew a guy in the 90’s with an old International that had hydraulic brakes. But he had a service brake lever on his column to stop his air brake trailer. I do not know the legality of this, but I am betting it is not legal, unless the brake pedal is connected to the air source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Hauled my nieces horse Sissy in their trailer out to Crazy Woman Ranch last night in the rain so she can rodeo today. Will haul her back tonight when they are all done.

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Had to borrow a trailer today to haul my neighbors horse up to the OSU Equine Emergency Vet Med. Unfortunately they weren’t going to be able to save him and had to put him down. So sad for my neighbor.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Did they figure out what was the cause of death? That stinks for sure

Neighbor called me Sunday at 8am that one of her horses had kicked the outside barn door off the barn and was laying down in the stall. She thought he had just hurt his rear legs. After calling several vets she was finally able to find one to come out to her place. The vet got there just after I got back with the trailer along with my sister and her two girls (who barrel race their own horses) for more help. After examining the horse the vet said he had colic bad, heart rate was really elevated and needed to go to OSU right away. The vet called ahead so they were waiting for us. Took all of us to get him into the trailer as he has spent 7 of his 8 years just at the neighbors place and not used to getting into trailers. But he did fine on the ride up there and didn't go down in the trailer. OSU said he would need surgery to fix the colic and called in the surgeons. Neighbor called me about 3hrs later and said they found he had a large tumor as well which is unusual for a young horse but he wasn't going to survive so they had to put him down. Very sad for my neighbor.:frown2::crying:

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
As a horse owner/lover I hate to hear news like that. We lost a pony to colic when Jack was little, and have dealt with it on other horses as well. Not a fun experience

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,262 Posts
3600lbs scrap truck run

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Still lighter by almost 10k than when I am hauling my backhoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I transport RVs from the manufacturers to dealers across the US. I took this to a dealer in Selma, NC from Goshen, IN earlier this month. 42ft Raptor with a shipping weight of just over 16k. Definitely felt the weight going up and down the hills in West Virginia and Virginia. My truck is a 2016 F-350 with a full EGR/DPF delete running an EZ Lynk tuner. I have 407,216 miles on it and it’s been a champ so far.

Attachments

7841 - 7853 of 7853 Posts