Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 7863 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here I am ready to take off to a show 300 miles away. You can see the old F150 tow vehicle peaking out. I need to start thing about selling that. It could do the towing or camper hauling but not both on long trips. This was the first fully loaded trip for the F250 and it did great got right at 16mpg for the 600 mile trip.

Jeb

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here is a picture of my 01 F-250 with its biggest load ever.

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
Here is what The Granny Truck tows

·
Banned
1,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Bought this new toy last spring...haul it all over OK to the lakes. Next summer its going to Montana.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is friggin nuts!
lol....good job!
Yeah that was way heavier than I ever thought it would be when I loaded it. I have a scale just a 1/4 mile from my house and I had to know what it weighed so I run it on the scale and just the trailer and wood was an even 30,000lbs:eek:. Had to put it in 4wd just to get up the gravel driveway I would never do that again and wouldn't recomend it to anyone.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Yeah that was way heavier than I ever thought it would be when I loaded it. I have a scale just a 1/4 mile from my house and I had to know what it weighed so I run it on the scale and just the trailer and wood was an even 30,000lbs:eek:. Had to put it in 4wd just to get up the gravel driveway I would never do that again and wouldn't recomend it to anyone.
How did you keep from ripping your hitch off?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
We travel full time and live in this! Put on about 40,000 miles per year.
sounds to me like your doing more traveling and not enough relaxing...lol

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

Here are what I tow -- soon to be at the same time :D -- also tow an 18' flat utility trailer sometimes
hey Brant, hook up to my 5er and watch that 250 tuck it's tail betweens its legs, atleast mine does anyway

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
hey Brant, hook up to my 5er and watch that 250 tuck it's tail betweens its legs, atleast mine does anyway
Yeah, same here. A pic with the airbags aired up and still have a little rear droop. I'm thinking I can drop the neck down a little and maybe aleviate some of that. It actually tows best when it's loaded with my Jeep in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Stroker,, is that snow already!?!?!
No, not yet thank god. Give it a couple of months and I'll get some some. I was pulling that load in the beginning of December of last year. I havn't taken any new pics of my truck with anything in tow. I will though.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Here is a picture of my 01 F-250 with its biggest load ever.
WOW thats impressive, How much do ya figure that was?

·
Registered
53 Posts
24' enclosed tag stacker. Normally haul two Miatas but may haul a Miata and a driver like a M3. Total weight around 12k#+

·
Registered
201 Posts
How did you keep from ripping your hitch off?
sorry for not responding sooner have been very busy lately but I think the only thing that kept the hitch on was the fact that it is a Ford:). I only had about a 1000 lbs. of tongue wieght on the hitch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
WOW thats impressive, How much do ya figure that was?
The trailer and wood wieghed 30,000 even plus the 7,000 lbs. truck and me 200 lbs.

41 - 60 of 7863 Posts