Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 7863 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yep, sorry must have missed it! Goosenecks are the only way to go if you have to haul a big load.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
hehe - or duals in my case :)

problem is right now that the truck is TOO tall!!! I think I have overloads on the truck and when I hook up to the 5er (I know its smaller, but its not a LITE model) it doesn't even sag the truck to level!!!!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well technically there are four doors, it's just a pain in the arse to have to open mine so they can open theirs. My family owns a farm so when ever I haul anything its either a load of cattle in a 20ft. goosneck with duals, a case tractor on a 30 ft. triple axle, or a 30 ft. camper on the weekends.

·
just a number
555 Posts
I'm glad I am not in the position to be towing big stuff - I can't afford these trannies

·
Registered
999 Posts

By lpstroker, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2007-10-03

30, 8X8 12' roughcut posts. 45, 2X12 16' Planks. All was just cut and very wet. Very heavy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm on my second one at 145,000, my first one blew an internal line. But I guess you will have that when your average load is around 18,000lbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mines up front, Hers is in the back

I had to buy a new truck to match my wifes new trailer. Pulls it like it's not even back there. She loves hauling as much as I do.

Attachments

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
Most on here have seen mine, but here's the 5'er and I can't find the pics of the boat...

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Yup - have deff seen that shot Shawn :thumb:

Do you have a boat or are getting one???

·
Registered
263 Posts
Me? I tow the car in my avitar,,in a 24 foot tag trailer(for now, soon going to a much bigger goose neck with living quarters.

Only fitting to tow the Ford race car with a Ford truck , right?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I need to take more pictures..... Im trying to find the few I have...Ive got a bunch of my old truck but it was a pos chevy, and I was young and stupid.....

·
Registered
5,534 Posts

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
It looks like it -- there were some places up north already getting snow :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
man I cant wait, I use my plow money to mod up the powerstroke...:)))

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yep, sorry must have missed it! Goosenecks are the only way to go if you have to haul a big load.
Na i dont think this is true. altho it makes it easer. they can pull alot. I have a buddy that pulls a 32 foot flat bed and a ditch witch. (19K) pintle hitch i think is what its called. basicly a normal ball cut in half. with a round circle that holds the ball. He pulls it with a 04 regular cab 6.0

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
goosenecks and 5er's are more stable than the same load hooked up with a bumper pull - pinch hitch or ball or whatever... thats a given

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
My dads boat :thumb:

·
Registered
87 Posts

My '03 F350 and '08 Sundance 2997BHS, 34' long.

21 - 40 of 7863 Posts