Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out driving around town and happen to see this truck at one of the local car dealers. I don't know much about the truck other then the little info they have on their site. It is a 2003 F-250, 6.0 Powerstroke with 88k miles, leather seats so I am guessing it is a Lariat package, and has new 40" tires on it. I really don't want the big tires on it but that can be changed later. I am emailing them to get more info and pictures but here is what they have posted online.

Can anybody tell me what kind of lift is on the truck and what is a reasonable price for it? They are wanting almost $24k for it. Also who can run a carfax/oasis report for me? I appreciate any help at all.

·
Registered
570 Posts
that seems about right for the milage and the aftermarket stuff on it. your defiantly going to be paying more because its through a dealer and not a personal seller. Try and get them down as much as possible and see what they do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't like the two tone paint on the truck as I was wanting an all black truck but for the right price I might get it. What kind of lift is on this truck if you can tell?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the going price for an 2003 250, Lariat, 6.0 with around 88k miles on it? I know Blue book on the truck was around 22k at a dealer and 19k private seller before you add the lift and wheels/tires.

·
4,488 Posts
Lift and wheels and tires are freebees, everyone knows you give mods away when you sell a vehicle.
Truck should sell for 19-20k.:thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. So asking them down to 18-19k would be a good deal on it? I am waiting to hear back about the complete specs on the truck and am also waiting to see the history on it.

·
4,488 Posts
Offer them 18k if they act like your crazy go home, if they act like maybe your close on the price you can add up to as much as you feel would be a good deal.
I wouldnt go much over $19,500 on it myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good guys. I hope to find out the specs on it tomorrow. I have been wanting to get a 7.3 CC F250 but they are hard to come by with low miles on them anymore. Almost a little scared to get the 6.0 from all the problems I have read about them.

·
Banned
322 Posts
I just bought a 2003 f350 with 140k miles for 15k plus 1k tax so 16k all together and my friend is buying a 2003 f350 with 60k miles for over 24k so it seems good.

I might be interseted in tires if you get them.

·
Registered
759 Posts
seems high i just bought mine, a spotless 06 with 22k on it for 23 grand

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Sounds good guys. I hope to find out the specs on it tomorrow. I have been wanting to get a 7.3 CC F250 but they are hard to come by with low miles on them anymore. Almost a little scared to get the 6.0 from all the problems I have read about them.
Both trucks won't have warranties and the 7.3 has a better track record...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's true but I like the power that the 6.0 has over the 7.3 but dependability will play a major role in my decision. I want a truck that will last 300,000 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts