Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what i know its a 2000 Ford F350 Super Duty for $12,990, it has 110,621 Miles,Extended Cab, 4X4 ,AUTO ,7.3L V8 (diesel)

What do you guys think, or am i just wasting time?

·
Registered
601 Posts
would look at every inch for rust problems and then you might have to buy new front springs. the weight of the plow probably killed those springs.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would look at every inch for rust problems and then you might have to buy new front springs. the weight of the plow probably killed those springs.
i will if i go look at it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
looks like mine. i have diff. springs in mine and i haven't a problem with mine, but i don't put the blade on unless i need it and when the truck sits, the blade is down. i would check where the blade mounts up and all the welds. to see how hard it has been used. breaking welds, benting/breaking steal supports and bolts is not good. otherwise just the same overlook of the truck. make sure the trans and transfer case work good. plowing snow is hard on stuff!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That truck looks like it has either one of two things.... added suspention height, or tiny tires. It definetly doesnt look to be stock height from what I can tell.

I paid $12,200 for my 99 2 years ago when it has 115K miles, just so you have something to compare to it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like mine. i have diff. springs in mine and i haven't a problem with mine, but i don't put the blade on unless i need it and when the truck sits, the blade is down. i would check where the blade mounts up and all the welds. to see how hard it has been used. breaking welds, benting/breaking steal supports and bolts is not good. otherwise just the same overlook of the truck. make sure the trans and transfer case work good. plowing snow is hard on stuff!
yea i know about the plow we always take them off my dads trucks when it not snowing.i wish i new what kind of lift it was

·
Registered
140 Posts
I wouldn't buy it only reason is cause it was used for plowing. No matter what they say I wouldn't believe them. I saw my friends dad 90 f250 diesel with a twisted front frame because of a plow. Not saying there is anything wrong with the one your or my friends dad bought Just IMO its not a nice truck.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
i would add a ad a leaf up front for the plow i need to do it myself cuz when my plow goes on it sags the front end good! i would make them fill the tank though!:hehe:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was gonna say... a babied truck with 120k miles is one thing.....but one with that lift probably was used to toy around with(prly took rims and mudders off to trade it in) plus it was used to plow, which is rough, especially if it plowed its whole life.

Can you test drive it?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i went and looked at it with my dad on saterday an its not good. The frame is all rusted and in one spot there was a hole that i could put my thumb through. The front end was wasted, the front suspention was toast my dad picked up the plow and it saged ALOT. There was not spare tire and the worst part was when my dad test drove it the trans was sliping. so the look goes on

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i bet its got a ton of hours of idle time and alot of work but not very many miles puttin around parkings lots dont but miles on but its still bein worked

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i bet its got a ton of hours of idle time and alot of work but not very many miles puttin around parkings lots dont but miles on but its still bein worked
yea my dad said every 6hours a truck idles is worth 1 mile.

·
Registered
113 Posts
not sure whare you are but my truck is forsale i have a thread posted today that has everyting u need to kow bout it oh and never had a plow on it that i know of lol

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not sure whare you are but my truck is forsale i have a thread posted today that has everyting u need to kow bout it oh and never had a plow on it that i know of lol
will look at it later, im in english class now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts