Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just bought a Taurus 40. She's gorgeous. I would like to keep it with me at times, but couldn't stomach the thought of someone breaking into my truck and stealing her. :eek:hnoes: How do you secure your gun in your truck? Is there somewhere sly to put a safe or something?

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you don't mind changing up your center counsel some there is an awesome product I'm looking at getting from Counsle Vault. It is a vault that installs inside your center counsel and looks factory. They are a bit pricey but protecting your firearm and not getting a passable felony charge against you it's worth it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking into these, but don't wanna lose the whole center console for it. May be worth it, though. For now, she'll have to stay at the house til I see another viable option.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just remember when you really need it you may need to access it in a split second.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
There is a thread that is currently going on, I think its called "got my holster installed". It has some really good information / ideas.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I just read the whole thread and that took a turn for the worst. Did give me some ideas tho. Thanks for the link. I wanna see what guys with my body style and center seat have been doing, though.
yeah after a while the thread was Canada vs USA. I didn't realize you were asking in an 7.3, good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Something I've done for years is use my Fobus paddle holster. Take it off your hip, and it will fit on the drivers door panel clipped in. Easy draw access, and when you get out of the truck, you can easily wear the holster concealed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Something I've done for years is use my Fobus paddle holster. Take it off your hip, and it will fit on the drivers door panel clipped in. Easy draw access, and when you get out of the truck, you can easily wear the holster concealed.
Funny thing, I noticed the same thing today with my fobus. I figured that when I went and grabbed it that the holster and pistol would come out, turns out it fits perfect and the pistol can be drawn from the holster while its in there

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just keep a throw away in my truck. If a thief wants something, they unfortunately usually get it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
U can make a kydex holster fairly easy and mount it just about anywhere like whats been said if they want it they will get it safe or not. Not here to preach about being legal but the legality of having it "concealed" if you don't have a ccdw license/permit. Just check your state laws some are more forgiving than others.

Also something to think about is if you have a "throw away gun" do you trust it with your life?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I take it with me when I leave my truck. No way to keep it safe in the truck, if someone wants it they will take it. If you make it hard to remove from the truck they will just steal the whole truck.
Thats the best policy but most work places do not allow you to carry at work.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Keep it a secret then, I don't happen to work in one of those places but then again I've been doing this for years and never gave the employer the importunity to tell me other wise because I never asked. Figure it this way, when you need it and don't have it who is going to save your ***? I won't put myself in that kind of a spot. Had someone try to carjack me at 18 and I have been armed and prepared ever since. I refuse to be a victim of some loser again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's nice. Where I work they make sure to let you know upon hiring that your not allowed and its a fire-able offense.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Yeah I guess that could be a problem, but if no one knows then shouldn't be nothing to worry about either. Unless you have some sort of medal detector you have to go though or a pat down I wouldn't sweat it.

Hell if they catch you just tell them your really a undercover cop working the 21 jump street division and they have to keep it a secret or they might blow your cover and years of surveillance LoL.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
Guys,

Just bought a Taurus 40. She's gorgeous. I would like to keep it with me at times, but couldn't stomach the thought of someone breaking into my truck and stealing her. :eek:hnoes: How do you secure your gun in your truck? Is there somewhere sly to put a safe or something?
I keep mine on my hip. Only safe place to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts