Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to herculine the bottom of my truck do to rock chips and also powdercoat my wheels and steps black? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Well I started to with mine. lights at least. I think it'll look great. I personally think a de-badge would look sweet too on that rig. If i can just throw somethin out there too, instead of blacking the steps... AMP Powersteps :nod:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the steps no worries about motor failures or anything they work everytime!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I like the steps no worries about motor failures or anything they work everytime!
that's a very good point. I don't remember when I saw your truck at one of the Illiana G2G's do you already have the smoked led tails and 3rd brake?

EDIT: I see the tails now. Oops.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
i think the herculiner would look dam good on that truck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think it would look good with or without the herculiner, but the wheels and steps will look awesome in black! Where did you get those fx4 stickers?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
it will look good......i just did mine

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
I say save the money on coating the steps black, just ditch them. That was the first "cosmetic" mod I did to my truck, and prob. the best IMO. Black wheels would be SWEET though.

Other than that it looks great :thumb:

·
Registered
334 Posts
where did you get those fx4 stickers at?

·
Registered
426 Posts
what kind of rims do you have? also were did you get those nice *** stickers:thumb:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
That will look good on

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
IF you absolutely have to have the steps, I'd say go ahead and have them and the rims powder coated black but if not, take em off completely. To me, its a toss up on the herculiner.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys I got the stickers on eBay!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Under no surcum stances should you ruin the look of that truck with a big black stripe on the bottom. If you have to, go color matched. The steps and the wheels Would look good black. I would either black the center and spokes or black the lip and leave the center and spokes chrome.:thumb:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Under no surcum stances should you ruin the look of that truck with a big black stripe on the bottom. If you have to, go color matched. The steps and the wheels Would look good black. I would either black the center and spokes or black the lip and leave the center and spokes chrome.:thumb:
Id like to color match but do they make it in my color i thought Line X is the only liner that color matched.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Dont bother trying to herculine the steps. There was someone on here that even had them done by Linex, and it doesnt stick to chrome, period. Powdercoat will stick as long as they scuff up the chrome before they coat them, or they have to be blasted clean. I blacked out my former 7.3 but had 2 tone moto metal wheels and they looked awesome. I am not a fan of polished lip, but if you can have certain parts of the rim still polished it would look awesome. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I herculinered my crome steps about a week ago and havent had any issue yet,but I sanded w/220 real well and cleaned them real well,it seems to be holding up good,but it still new. side note; The herculinered steps dont look near as good as the rockers:dunno: but they're more for function and protection anyway

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
ive got mine herculinered too it looks great ill get some pictures of it in the morning and post em for ya:thumb:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts