Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 extended cab and was wanting to put some subs in it but don't know where to put the box.
Is there enough room under the rear seat?
How big of subs would I be able to fit?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ive got two tens behind the seat n my regular cab96 f150, they are nice n were in hs but honestly don't know if they will make their way back into my regular cab 97 powerstroke, they might or I might spend money n do one of those thin 10s Idk be nice to have a little more then stock due to the great 7.3 rattle I'm 6'4" so I need the leg room

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There is no room behind the rear seat in a ext cab. There are basically 2 choices 1 get a regular box put it on the seat and have no room for passangers or 2 spend the money on shallow mount subs and have a custom box built to go under the seat

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But if I put one under the seat, then the seat wont be able to fold down right? The bottom will still fold forward, but the back wont fold down. It doesnt really matter because I dont ever fold my seat down, but I like having the option to. lol

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
no it wil not fold down but you still hava a seat that is usable

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i figured that. I dont ever really fold the seat down anyways, I just like having the option to incase I feel like it.
I'm going to do a little looking around and see what else I can do.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
In my cc i put subs behind rear seat, in my sc i removed the back seat lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
i'm currently building a custom center console for 2 12s i'll be sure to post some pics when its complete i also have the captain chairs though

·
Registered
582 Posts
In my crew cab I have two shallow mount 10 inch behind the seat and my amps are under the seat. The shallow mounts worked great for me. The rear seat is all the way back and has no effect on room in the back seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm currently building a custom center console for 2 12s i'll be sure to post some pics when its complete i also have the captain chairs though
I'm going to do the same only with one 12 down firing. Looking forward to your pic's.

Nate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts