Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mod Newbie
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my truck and am trying to decide if I just want to have the insurance company fix it or if I want to convert the fron to an 05 and newer look. Ok guys, heres the question. What do I need to convert the fron of my 04 to an 05. I know the grille, bumper and lights but is there anything else? I know the blocker beam (cross member) behind the front bumper is different but not sure if it needs replaced. Here is a picture of my 04 to give you an idea of what I'm looking at. Just weighing my options. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
269 Posts
you'll need the header panel and i'm pretty sure you need the new brackets for the bumper too.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Heh, I'm just gonna get one of the rugged bumpers for an 05, and get the grill. Don't "Need" to change the lights, but If I come across a good deal on some, I'll be quick to snatch it up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
according to a retailer who sells a complete kit for ~$1500 USD, they supply the following for the conversion:

17B749,17B750,17B984,17B985,17A861 x 2 Complete set of bumper brackets

17757 Chrome Bumper

17D957 Cover between Bumper and Grille (This item is paint to match)

17626 Valance

8200 Grille

8A424 Grille Header Panel

13008 x 2 Both Headlamps

14S411 x 2 Harness to connect new bulbs which are included as well

17A385 License Bracket

Plus 8 nuts, 8 Screws and 4 Reatainers

they do not include '05 fog lights if you want them too it' an extra $90, so probably just the lights themselves.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I found the rugged bumper for under $700 Bumper On ebay. The grill I want is $125, and the lights ARE optional. Like I said, I'll wait on the lights till I find a steal.

So, you can switch for under a grand, if you don't want the complete switch.

BTW, Keep an eye on ebay, I saw the chrome bumper with the header and valance go through for $250. I planned on sniping that auction, but lost track of time. :doh: :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts