Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, newbie here.

I am looking at buying a 2004 SD with the 6.0 PowerStroke and an automatic. The vehicle has about 73K miles and looks to be in exceptional condition.

I also know that there have been issues with the 6.0's (especially the early ones), but do not know too many details, other than that the repairs can be very expensive.

So, besides asking the obvious question "What are all the problems", I would like to ask the more direct question I'm facing at this time, "What should I be looking out for?" Are there any warning signs or telltale clues to look for that would suggest me and my wallet might not be on speaking terms in the future?

This vehicle will mostly be used as a tow vehicle. My trailer is not particularly large (28 ft & 7,400#), but we do travel long distances, and in some pretty harsh conditions. I really don't want to leave my family stranded in the middle of the desert, if you know what I mean!

In any case, this looks like a very informative community, and I look forward to learning lots here.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Doug

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Sign up for premium membership and get free OASIS report on truck you are looking at

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
I agree with getting the OASIS. It will give you a good idea of prior problems the trucks had. If there's not to much on it you are probablly lookin' at a good truck. Most major problems would have surfaced by now, IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts