Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has an '03 Cummins with the diablo preditor, puck, intake, and exhaust. I have an '02 7.3L with Edge juice with attitude, evolution, Afe intake, and monster exhaust. What else do I need or what should I change so I can beat him? We have never raced but if we do I would like to beat him.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
BUY A 6.0L

Reactions: Dutch Oven

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do a Cummins swap on that 7.3L:poster:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking into a dp chip and TN bb turbo. Will a FASS system help right now or just after the dp and turbo? What other mods? Not looking to make this a drag truck it is my daily driver so nothing crazy or too expensive. Also don't want to have to do the rods or studs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the 7.3 for reliability didn't want the 6.0 and won't get a cummins.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
A fass wont really help you, get a tony wildman or a dp chip, turbo and injectors down the road. Do you have gauges and an exhaust yet?

·
Registered
659 Posts
hey man throw that juice up on 5 and i almost bet you will smoke him i beat cummins all the time man they are not that fast.not with just mods like he has anyway

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it would be a fairly close race when I have the Evo on extreme and the Juice on extreme. I have been in his truck on numerous occations and he in mine. He thinks he is putting out over 400 rwhp but I don't think he is even close.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you have pmrs so your kinda limited to around 400hp, or so what ive read anyways. stage 1 or 2 injectors, with a nice BB drop in turbo, and custom tunes would be a nice driving truck. With more power comes tranny work as well, thats not cheap either:thumb: John wood for the trans work:thumb:

·
Registered
659 Posts
i agree not with those mods

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
My buddie's 04 dodge common rail with Smarty, intake, exhaust put down 426hp and ran a 14.3 in the 1/4. His new Smarty Revo feels stronger and it is faster than before.

Don't over undestimate that common rail. They make a ton of power with little done to them.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
How does that Cummins feel compared to your 7.3 strokin?? Just curious is these smarty dodges are as powerful as they say.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
How does that Cummins feel compared to your 7.3 strokin?? Just curious is these smarty dodges are as powerful as they say.
He still can not out run me but it hangs in there until we get up to 75mph and then I pull away.

The one time I drove it, I liked it! NO, you will not see me swapping in a cummins any time soon but it did run very strong.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a shift kit just need to install it most likely in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They do make good power for less but the rest of the truck does not even compare, everytime he gets in mine he tells me how much nicer my truck is. My truck is also the one we use for hunting cause we all fit in it better ( all 6'2 and taller) I don't think he is as confident in his truck off road either (not cause of his ability to wheel).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if I am ready to spend the money for injectors yet I would like to get the chip and bb turbo and then see.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i would also agree that w/ something like the Snow water meth kit would help you out w/ some safe HP while adding fuel economy .

·
***mins Sell-out
783 Posts
Kinda offtopic, but how hot do your EGT's get with the juice and evo stacked like that?

With just my Juice on 5, I can hit 1250 without a problem...adding the evo sounds scary :tard:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
i hate to say it but the cummins would win they make big power with a few mobs. but if you get turbo, injectors you would win

1 - 20 of 30 Posts